When the smoke clears

snook24

Decided to put the bow down and hunt with my muzzleloader for the weekend. Called in a gobbler and got decent video of the hunt. When I see the bird he gets within 15 yards then stops. He stretched all the way out looking my way. I thought he saw me so I took aim and squeezed the trigger...BOOM! When the smoke cleared I jumped up just to have the bird looking back at me! He clucked then ran off lol video showed that he went into strutt pretty quickly dropping his head so my shot went just over his head. I was aiming half way down his neck but oh we'll it was still fun! When I get the video loaded ill post it :)

Lorren68

Were you using a rifle or a black powder shotgun? I have a knight TK2000 ML shotgun that is a NWTF edition, that I thought about using, but I just cant get into it. I have been using my bow.

snook24

Shotgun. Tc system one 12 ga. I use 90gr pyrodex with a shot cup full of #5 shot. Deadly load and can get great distance with it. Just had error on my part this time.

Lorren68

I have not even worked up a load for mine, it just sits in the safe. I have 5, 6, and 71/2 shot for mine along with a few 100 wads and I made over shot cards with a cutter I made. I have thought about trading it off or selling it.

snook24

You should try it. It's a fun change.

Lorren68

I wound up trading the shotgun for a t/c renegade in .54, I hope to get to the range in a few days to work up a load for it.