Injured songbird

cmshoot

Who can help me out with info in reference to taking care of an injured brown thrasher? Believe it was hit by a car.....very active, flapping both wings hard but can't fly.

Walker44

I have several thrashers who reside around my bushs and bird feeders I have never seen them FLY in any great length , They are easly taken by cats but my labs protect then

cmshoot

I'm familar with brown thrashers.......we have them in our feeders, which are in the second floor of our house/back deck. They fly around, between the feeders and the ground or fence line, all the time.

This one was definitely injured or I wouldn't have been able to pick it up out of the roadway.

Gary Mercer

I believe that is the state bird of GA.
We have a bunch around the feeders at the house in PTC. They really like the suet that I put out for the Peckerwoods and the Bluebirds.
Semper Fi

rvick

Thanx for helping it, cmshoot. Lady here gets a grant for injured animals and has everything from bats to bears on her place. I've seen her save critters that I figured were goners.

cmshoot

Had my 12YOA daughter with me. She enjoyed holding him and was very happy that we got him help.