Seriously, why screw with the Swap & Sale/ GON Marketplace???

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
It was working just fine ??? This is about the 3rd change since I've been a member ??:huh:

I've spent somewhere around $70-$80k on there. facepalm:

Not trying to stir the pot, (that's just not my nature) BUT dang . . .

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
:huh: :pop: :pop: :pop:

Big7

The Oracle
It'so bad, I don't even try any more. Can't get the admin. to even PM me back a help me get some things skrraaaiitttt.

Terrible since it changed. They need to fix it or trash it.

I'm sure I meet the post count requirements.

Come on now..you understand a free market economy better than that..
You report it was working great but manymanymany others say different.
So if something isn't working and traffic and results are not what those in charge hope for?..Then changes must be made,looking for better results(..simple really)

My opinion?..They can the whole thing and go back to what they had in the early 2000-2008/9

but "they" have heard that million times.."they" say it was to hard to moderate?..And maybe it was?

I just gave up on it..moved on.
But I wish them good luck w the new marketplace swap/sell..

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike_Rhodes

Staff member
Hey everyone. Appreciate the feedback. We didn't have a choice other than to move Swap & Sell years ago from the Forum. We attempted a new version called Marketplace. That software platform is no longer being supported so there were lots and lots and lots of technical issues. Just ask around and you'll get plenty of confirmation :)

The new GON Classifieds should be easier to use than the previous Marketplace. There is no cost associated with posting items either. We do require those that want to post or reply to posts be registered on GON.com. It's our attempt to keep the spammers at bay to some degree.

If you are GON subscriber you will receive some benefits on the GON Classifieds too. Unlimited listings and increased image uploads. GON Subscribers also receive a "sneak peek" privilege giving subscribers exclusive access for the first 60 minutes when a listing goes live. Be sure to link you subscription with your username when you have registered.

Thank you all in advance for your patience as the GON Classifieds grows its roots. Our goal is to eliminate the headaches of the previous format and add improvements in this new format.

Safe hunting.

brandon

Administrator
I can't even sign in. Do we have to create a new account?

Hey HuntingFool,

The new GON Classifieds use the same login as the main GON site. This means your old Marketplace username and password is no longer needed.

If you don't have a login for the main GON website (at www.gon.com) then yes, you'll need to create one. Click on the "Create an Account" link at the top of any page on the GON website to get started.

Since you're already a member of the Forum, you can use the same username on the main GON site (and therefore, on the Classifieds pages). When registering on the "Create Your Account" page, enter your Forum username in the Username field and your Forum password in the Password fields. The website will check to make sure the info matches, and if it does, you'll have the same username on both sites.

If you have any problems, please let us know. You can contact us using the "Help" link on the main menu of the GON website. We'll be glad to help!

brandon

Administrator
It'so bad, I don't even try any more. Can't get the admin. to even PM me back a help me get some things skrraaaiitttt.

Terrible since it changed. They need to fix it or trash it.

I'm sure I meet the post count requirements.
Hey Big7,

Thanks for your feedback. Comments like these are *exactly* the reason we launched a new GON Classifieds site this morning. The old Marketplace site didn't work well for many of our members and it was a big priority around here to get it fixed.

You can take a look here:

http://www.gon.com/classifieds

I hope you'll find the new site much easier to use than the old one. There are no longer any post count requirements, everyone can post ads for free. But as Mike mentioned above, GON magazine subscribers get some good benefits like being able to post more ads, include more images with their ads, and they also get to see new ads an hour earlier than non-subscribers.

You will need to login to the main GON site to respond to an ad or post one of your own, but the process to create an account is really simple.. just click on the "Create an Account" link at the top of the Classifieds page.

As I mentioned in the post above to HuntingFool, since you're already a member of the Forum, you can use the your same Forum username on the main GON site (and therefore, on the Classifieds pages). When registering on the "Create Your Account" page, enter your Forum username in the Username field and your Forum password in the Password fields. The website will check to make sure the info matches, and if it does, you'll have the same username on both sites.

Please give it a try and let us know what you think!

Oldstick

The new site looks pretty good to me. My opinion doesn't count for much as I have only used the SS rarely over the years.

But like the way the categories are a lot more divided now as to content. Guns-rifles, guns-shotguns, for example.

brandon

Administrator
The new site looks pretty good to me. My opinion doesn't count for much as I have only used the SS rarely over the years.

But like the way the categories are a lot more divided now as to content. Guns-rifles, guns-shotguns, for example.
Hi Oldstick,

Thanks for the input! If you have any suggestions for additional categories that we should include, please let us know. We'll be making lots of small improvements to the new Classifieds in the weeks and months ahead and welcome any feedback you have to offer! :cheers:

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
My username and password did not work and I had to create a new account. . . just saying. I normally check the marketplace every morning and some times evening for items of interest. Last night was the first time and I can't say it was positive.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I was able to use my forum login info. Worked fine. Seems like it works a lot better than the marketplace did. I'll be using it soon to buy and sell. Thx

GA native

Glad to see you guys are fixing the issues with marketplace. As much as I hate change, I hate using craigslist even more.