Bio Diesel

RATTLER

My Buddy And His Brother Do It About A Dollar A Gallon Works Great Wished I Had A Diesel

THREEJAYS

A friend of mine is picking up cooking oil from a couple of resturants, and got a recipe from the internet.He showed me it and it was mixed w/ may be 2 gals gas 3 gals kerosine and another additive you get at parts store.mixed and then strained.The cost was around .50 gal if you were getting oil free.He's put a couple thousand miles on w/ no problems.Also do not have to have heater for the mix,burns just as deisel.

whitworth

The government could have made it real easy

by approving the turning of coal into fuel for vehicles. The German military did it in WWII.

The U.S. has the largest supply of coal in the world and the largest number of environmental wachos on the planet.

Go figure.

TROY70

Anyone here in GA making Bio Diesel . I'm looking for some one I could learn from?

This guy spoke at our Rotary one day last year. I missed most of the presentation but I understand it was very good. He sells the bio-diesel processing equipment to do it with and will train you. He uses used cooking oil. My understanding he has about $.51 per gallon in it if he does not sell any by products of it. Much less if he sells the by-products (cleaner and a product simular to wd-40 or PB-Blaster):flag:

His contact info is:
Mike Holliday
2134 Cemetery Road
Pitts, GA 31072
229-648-6524

Jeff Phillips

THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY (DOE) reports that it will invest $86 million over the next four years in three new cellulosic ethanol biorefineries, to be built by Ecofin, Mascoma, and RSE Pulp & Chemical. The small-scale biorefineries will produce ethanol from non-edible cellulosic biomass sources, such as corncobs, wood chips, and switchgrass.

Ecofin plans to build a biorefinery in Washington County, Ky., which will use a novel fermentation process to convert corncobs into more than 1 million gal of ethanol per year, as well as other products. Mascoma's biorefinery in Vonore, Tenn., will convert switchgrass and wood chips into 2 million gal of ethanol per year using a biochemical process that employs ethanol-producing bacteria. It will burn lignin from the biomass to provide heat for the process. RSE Pulp & Chemical, a subsidiary of Red Shield Environmental, plans to build a biorefinery at its pulp and paper mill in Old Town, Me. Hemicellulose extracted from the wood pulp will be used to produce 2.2 million gal of ethanol per year.

Mascoma is scheduled to begin its operations in 2009, while the other two facilities are expected to start operating in 2010. Such small-scale biorefineries are meant to test novel conversion technologies, providing information needed to scale up to a commercial biorefinery, which would typically produce 20-30 million gal of ethanol per year. The biorefineries in Maine and Kentucky will each receive up to $30 million dollars in DOE funding, while the Tennessee facility will receive up to $26 million.

ray97303

Today, I heard a interesting story on the radio about Bio Diesel. In the State of Minnesota, A law was passed that will require nearly all the diesel fuel sold in the state to contain at least 2 percent vegetable oil Bio Diesel. In a few years it will go to 20%. It is something it is a law! There is also a law in that state that says all Unleaded Gas must contain ethonal. Maybe it is a good thing. If it lowers the gas prices I am for it!

Jeff Phillips

There is a company in Miss that is building their first full scale plant to produce bio-diesel from soybeans, with carbon black as the byproduct.

Their pilot plant was very sucessful!

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
Along the same lines..............

Anyone heard about this? I got this in an email last week, but can't find out anything else.....This man(Bell) is from Tifton.

WorldNetDaily Exclusive
Anything that grows 'can convert into oil'
Company finds natural solution that turns plants into gasoline

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: March 19, 2008
9:44 pm Eastern

By Joe Kovacs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WorldNetDaily

After three years of clandestine development, a Georgia company is now going public with a simple, natural way to convert anything that grows out of the Earth into oil.

J.C. Bell, an agricultural researcher and CEO of Bell Bio-Energy, Inc., says he's isolated and modified specific bacteria that will, on a very large scale, naturally change plant material – including the leftovers from food – into hydrocarbons to fuel cars and trucks.

"What we're doing is taking the trash like corn stalks, corn husks, corn cobs – even grass from the yard that goes to the dump – that's what we can turn into oil," Bell told WND. "I'm not going to make asphalt, we're only going to make the things we need. We're going to make gasoline for driving, diesel for our big trucks."

DAWG1419

Thanks TROY70 I got in touch with Mike and we are taking a class next Sunday. The class is in pitts GA. If anyone is interested in going the class is $200. My class is at 2pm Sunday May 25,2008. He told me if I buy his processor we will be making Bio diesel for under $1 per gallon. I will then take my savings on diesel fuel for the year and go on a christmas vacation. Can't wait till Sun. If ya'll want to go PM me for details.

dixie

Dawg, do a search for greasel on the net, there's a outfit in OK that makes a setup, everything you need for around 800.00

crackerdave

There's a biofuel plant operating in Soperton,Ga. Biofuel is supposedly going to make Georgia the "Silicon Valley" of the south,because of the huge amount of wood by-products available from pines.If anyone's interested,I think there's links to our website about this.
www.gatrees.org

dkang37

OK. I'm following all this talk of biodiesel and it sounds really interesting. But my question is... are there any similar options for those of us with vehicles burning gasoline? Or is trading the gas burner for a diesel our only option? Thanks for the help guys.