Brantley Co hog hunt

Osceola Guy

My coworker invited me to go hunt hogs on his lease.
I've never been there, so I have very little idea of the area or terrain. He told me to bring a rifle or shotgun to help
thin out the herd lol. Interested in bringing my Browning
BPS 12 gauge and try either 3 in Federal flight control OO or 2 3/4 Federal powershok I have on hand. I've patterned both and they do well at 40-50 yards on paper. Shots will be close on the creek but can't hunt the clearcut area of the tract due to range limitations. I know a lot of folks will say use a rifle but Haven't had a lot of use fun with this gun as in useage. Thanks and all replies are appreciated.

I'll simply add that you'll likely not get the needed penetration with 00 Buck should you encounter a large boar with a significant shield. It should work well on typical sized hogs. Enjoy and good luck!

Gator89

I would have no qualms about applying some 00 attitude adjustment to a hog's noggin inside 50 yards.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
You are on the right track..............Buckshot and have a blast..........BTW-there is no shield on the neck and I think the Spine runs through there somewhere:biggrin2:

Osceola Guy

The Federal 00 is plated but the 000 is just plain lead. If I take a shot with either it will be in the head/neck area.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I've shot plenty of hogs with a shotgun from #1 to #000 All did well with a good hit on any size hog. Had several multi kills with 1 shot. Follow ups on running also.
Shoot what u have and have more ammo on you to reload. :)

Osceola Guy

I also have several boxes of Winchester 3 in #1 buckshot on hand
But it being 1060 fps velocity im sceptical on the penetration but
On the other hand it has 24 pellets.