Bears up north ga

Tadpole23

The bear I killed here in middle ga I killed in a stand. I wouldn't know much about stalking bear in the mountains I rather find good sign and wait but I will try whatever works best. I shall hogs all the time so I would imagine it be about the same.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Sounds like a good strategy to this novice. Get in the sign and wait. That little tree frog seat tree seat makes an excellent ground level hammock with cordage tied to each of the web straps you can put it anywhere. Hidden, but mobile. Be sure to stay on the downwind side. My gaffs (weight and cumbersome and noise) were always the killer for me climbing trees in the bear woods. When I was younger, I could free climb pretty well, but now at 250 lb (58 yo) I worry about shaking the tree when I go up.
From my experience, when those bears are in the trees breaking limbs and munching on acorns, they are making so much noise that they are completely oblivious to your approach...

Y'all got me itching to go try it again, and stay away from the heat on my lease during the first part of archery season. I need another bear.:cool:

amoore28

You need to get a pair of boots for hunting and leave the work boots at home. A bear will smell you faster than a deer will....... and a hog has better sense of smell than all of them put together.

I dont know about the hogs. Everyone says their supper smart and real good with their nose. But down here in turner county and most of south georgia they are pretty dumb and cant smell squat. We have walked with in 20 yards of them in a peanut field in broad daylight when they were feeding and got us a few.