I dont need to look at this forum

MOTS

I have been off the salt bout 8 days now, and have lost 10 lbs. I do stay hungry and have yet to try a garden tomato without salt.

Work around everything else and enjoy your salted garden treasures. You can do it!

Lukikus2

I have been off the salt bout 8 days now, and have lost 10 lbs. I do stay hungry and have yet to try a garden tomato without salt.

That's a little taste of heaven that can't be reproduced! Dr's told my Dad not to eat fried food. He would eat you under the table on fried fish and that's not what took him. Enjoy.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lots of great recipes in the American Heart Associations cook book. You will find in there that they recommend venison as being heart healthy.

I had not even thought of my venison without salt. I will definitely look into that. Thanks Woodsman.

Lukikus2

Lots of great recipes in the American Heart Associations cook book. You will find in there that they recommend venison as being heart healthy.

When I went mainly from venison as my staple meat to beef my cholesterol levels went from 130 to 320. I like Dales sauce as a marinade for venison which is off the charts with sodium and sodium or cholesterol was never a problem. Wild game is more healthy.

jdgator

KyDawg hang tough. Soon you'll get used to no salt/very little salt and then you'll find a little goes a long way.

Hornet22

ROMEO
Hang tuff BO$$, I ain strong as some folks but we don't add salt to nuthin no more. It took a while, like forever, but you can get use to it. You will find that the stuff you eatin tastes like the stuff you eatin. Use all the salt subs folks have spoke about for the first couple a years, then slack off on that.:cheers:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I reckon I got lucky in the salt consumption department. I have NO Earthly idea why, but from a very young child I couldn't stand anything on my tongue with a lot of salt. I could barely eat potato chips as a kid, they were just too daggum salty on my tastebuds.

However, I wanted a little salt on a baked potato. :huh:

It was strange actually when I think about it because I rarely touched a salt shaker until I was about 30 yrs old. I use it more often now than I did, but still only shake a little out on certain things, sliced mater is one of them for sure.

I am using it more now than I ever did though.

Black pepper or ANY pepper is a different matter, Its rare that I eat anything without it.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Not eatin salt and watching my diet in general has paid off. 21lbs gone in bout 3 weeks. Wish my tomatoes weren't just coming in. I love a tomato sammich and tomatoes in general. Still don't know what I am going to do about Boiled Peanuts. Have not found a low sodium recipe for them, and pretty sure I wont.

snookdoctor

Not eatin salt and watching my diet in general has paid off. 21lbs gone in bout 3 weeks. Wish my tomatoes weren't just coming in. I love a tomato sammich and tomatoes in general. Still don't know what I am going to do about Boiled Peanuts. Have not found a low sodium recipe for them, and pretty sure I wont.

You could boil them without salt, but save yourself some time and just chew on some cardboard.:banginghe

Maters and peanuts gots to have salt.