Ga Tek

Matthew6

Banned thug
what do yall have this year. need some intel for the pickems. 6-6, 7-6, 8-5:hair::hair::hair: what is your guess and why ? :pop:

westcobbdog

they are sneaky and a little under rated with mostly 3 stars that get coached up, most seasons. No way they best Clem or FSU, however.

biggdogg

Not that it helps this year, but I personally know of a 2018 commit that they got. 3rd ranked DT in GA from what I've been told...

joepuppy

As long as they lose the first game, They can win out for all I care. Go Vols!!

Meriwether Mike

I would be happy if the Jackets win 8 games.:cool: Anything better is gravy.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I hope they at least win there first game !

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
i do too. tek beating the vols and the dogs losing to both the vols and tek again:biggrin2: kirby will get run out the house. :bounce:

You started this thread just so you could say this. ^

Thug. ::ke::bounce:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I juts hope Tech beats the Vols.. No way they beat the Dawgs this year.. Maybe if we were playing on the day of the eclipse but we're playing in Sanford Stadium Jr this year so that's an automatic win.:cool:

CowetaLonghorn

Techs success this year will largely depend on staying healthy and whether the QB can run the offense effectively against the better teams on the schedule. He should have confidence after the game in Blacksburg last year. The offense this year will look much more like the offense in 2009 when we won the ACCCG. Much more dive and midline option with Mills at Bback. Opportunistic passing game to the A backs and Juene. The defense should be improved. I think prob middle of the pack in conference. LB will be a big ? Mark. Secondary will be solid and experienced. D line will prob be the best we've had since 09. Although that's not saying much. Once again it will depend on if we can get pressure from the front 7. I think Roof will gamble a little more on D this year to try to create turnover like he did in 2014 bc we have a more experienced secondary. The schedule is tough but sets up nicely and is manageable. I fully expect to beat Tennessee in the opener and prob be undefeated going into Coral Gables where we struggle. At Clemson is a prob loss of course but a lot can change between now and then. And yes it's been beyond frustrating losing to UGA in Atlanta every year since 1999. My educated guess this year would be 8-4 or 9-3 regular season and be in the discussion in Nov for the Coastal. Of course like I said we gotta stay healthy.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
^^^^ Staying healthy is the key to any team, except maybe Bammer.

Matthew6

Banned thug
Techs success this year will largely depend on staying healthy and whether the QB can run the offense effectively against the better teams on the schedule. He should have confidence after the game in Blacksburg last year. The offense this year will look much more like the offense in 2009 when we won the ACCCG. Much more dive and midline option with Mills at Bback. Opportunistic passing game to the A backs and Juene. The defense should be improved. I think prob middle of the pack in conference. LB will be a big ? Mark. Secondary will be solid and experienced. D line will prob be the best we've had since 09. Although that's not saying much. Once again it will depend on if we can get pressure from the front 7. I think Roof will gamble a little more on D this year to try to create turnover like he did in 2014 bc we have a more experienced secondary. The schedule is tough but sets up nicely and is manageable. I fully expect to beat Tennessee in the opener and prob be undefeated going into Coral Gables where we struggle. At Clemson is a prob loss of course but a lot can change between now and then. And yes it's been beyond frustrating losing to UGA in Atlanta every year since 1999. My educated guess this year would be 8-4 or 9-3 regular season and be in the discussion in Nov for the Coastal. Of course like I said we gotta stay healthy.
great post.

CowetaLonghorn

^^^^ Staying healthy is the key to any team, except maybe Bammer.

While I agree with you, Tech is a team that has seemingly been unable to build depth under Johnson. And on the defensive side of the ball that difficulty dates back to O'Leary. We are not a team that can sustain even minimal injuries and you only have to look at 2015 to see the result. Staying healthy is important for any team but especially for Georgia Tech.

across the river

While I agree with you, Tech is a team that has seemingly been unable to build depth under Johnson. And on the defensive side of the ball that difficulty dates back to O'Leary. We are not a team that can sustain even minimal injuries and you only have to look at 2015 to see the result. Staying healthy is important for any team but especially for Georgia Tech.

Tech will never build the "depth" you speak of. They never have, and they never will. Neither will 80+% of other D1 teams, especially Tech, Vandy, Wake Forrest, Duke, etc... In college football the ones on virtually any team, can typically be competitive with the ones on most any other team. I'm not saying they can beat any team, but be competitive. Southern at Bama, Nichols States at UGA, App State at anyone they play, tends to prove this point. Most schools thrive on playing Jrs, Srs, many of whom have redshirted and have an extra year. They may not have a lot of "NFL talent" but a 5th year senior can usually be competitive with anyone. I'm not saying freshmen don't start on occasion at these schools, but most freshman don't contribute at most of these schools. The classes of 3 start recruits most schools get aren't near as college ready as the classes of 4 and 5 stars Bama, OSU, and Clemson get. If Bama has a one go down, there are two, and likely even three players behind him that can legitimately contribute if needed. They may not be a s good a the one, but it isn't the drop off other typically see from an injury. With other schools, since there are only 85 ships available in total, it doesn't take much in the way of injuries to move most team to younger guys that aren't ready to play. Two years ago Tech had a ton of injuries and was forced to play a ton of young guys who weren't ready. They went 3 and 9. The year before they lost Smelter and Snoddy late in the year, and that was pretty much it. The won the Orange bowl. Last year they stayed pretty healthy and one 9 games. The schools that win 10 plus games a year every year are able to do it, because a rash of injuries doesn't affect them near as much as most schools. Most schools have up and down years due to injuries year to year and having a good group of older kids stay healthy on the good years. That is the real advantage of recruiting a class of 4 stars every year, you are way more plug and play than everyone else. It hurts Tech way more to loose a offensive or defensive lineman than it does Bama or Clemson who has real contributors two deep. That isn't going to change. Tech's success will always be highly dependent on how healthy they stay throughout the season, as will most other teams success.