Think I'm Gonna Use Tractor Instead of ATV this Season...

Triple C

Last weekend I was on the tractor at daybreak. Started bush hogging in our largest field which is bout 350 yds from one end to the other. Bout halfway down a group of doe(s) are in the far end paying me no attention. I get closer and closer and prolly within 30 yds or so, they kinda bounce back in the pines. Next morning, I'm at it again at daybreak in another field. 2 pigs feeding that never left. Just moved out of the way when I made the circle.

That's happened a lot while on the tractor - deer just don't seem to be as spooky. Let em catch me slippin' thru on my electric cart and they bout jump out of their skin the minute they see it.

Some say deer leave for the next county the minute they hear an ATV crank up. Maybe we should require diesel tractors for going to and fro rather than ATVs...:biggrin2:

cr00241

I had the lawn mower idling when I was checking the camera and my hit list buck walked out. He didn't jump back into the woods until he saw me start to walk.

gawesw

Yep. They will stand there and watch me go by on the tractor. Let me walk 1 step in their woods and they blow like crazy.