Humminbird Helix 5 di GPS Clearance

Coenen

SlowMotion

You can get a Zero Lines card for 99 retail that allows you to record more than 8 hours. I was lucky and found an autochart pro on amazon for 77. it comes with a zerolines card. usually that package is 250 retail, amazon has it usually around 160ish.

Link to what you ordered?

cophunter308

You're looking for a G2N (N for Networkable) model. I don't think they offer an "N" model Helix5.

Here you go...
http://fishfinders.factoryoutletstore.com/cat/80526/Humminbird-HELIX-G2N-Series-Fishfinders.html

On the back of my G2 Helix5 there's a communication cable port however, the unit does NOT come with a communication cable. I honestly couldn't tell you what the capabilities are. I just know they're far beyond my understanding.

Speaking of this unit, I got mine installed on my SG130 today. Unfortunately, I can't seem to upload pictures on any post. That too seems to be far beyond my understanding as well. ?

TroyBoy30

there is no helix 5 g2n model. the n would stand for networking. you have to step up to the 7 for networking. the helix models require a network cable adapter for each unit and a network cable. solix or onix units do not require the adapter cable.

Coenen

Speaking of this unit, I got mine installed on my SG130 today. Unfortunately, I can't seem to upload pictures on any post. That too seems to be far beyond my understanding as well. ?
Did my install over the weekend. The scary part (wiring) went off without a hitch. The "easy" part (DIY transducer adapter) ended up being a real pain in the backside! So much so that Sunday morning, when I should've put the 'yak in the water for a test drive, I said to heck with it, grabbed the fly rod, and went trout fishing instead.

Maybe I'll get an afternoon this week when there's not a thunder storm rolling in directly over the house to get this thing on the water and start fiddling with it. Maybe.

61BelAir

My install went horribly. My first fish finder install was a Helix 7 SI and it went smooth, just time consuming with running wires through the hull of the boat.
This time, after mounting the transducer I saw that it wasn't quite level so I went to loosen the screw and tilt it up one notch. Well it loosened some and just locked down. It wouldn't tighten or loosen at all. The allen head end eventually stripped (screw head was round and smooth AND captured in the plastic transducer bracket where you can't get to it. The same thing for the nylock nut on the other side - it wasn't loose enough to stick out past the plastic.

The nut wasn't cross threaded so I have no idea why it stuck. I ended up having to cut through the nut and screw with a cut off wheel and took more than a few slices out of the transducer in the process. I hated it, but couldn't figure out ANYTHING else to do. I couldn't leave it like it was because it was too loose for the transducer to sit in place.

It seemed to work perfectly despite the chunks and melting. I rubbed some silicone on the parting line on the side of the transducer just for good measure. Hopefully it didn't shorten the life of it.

cophunter308

I have a Vibe SG130 that I mounted mine on. Instead of rigging a make shift mount, I zip tied my transducer to the transducer cover plate. I took it out to Acworth Lake today and it seemed to work very well. Now, I've just got to learn to catch fish when it tells me they're there.

nevamiss270

GONetwork Member
Dang, thats exactly what I have been looking for. Y'all find some deals!

61BelAir

It looks like they are back to full price for the Sonar GPS Chirp & DI unit that was $185 or so.

They still show the 2D Sonar only (no GPS, Chirp, or Down Imaging) for $156.72. Model # 410190-1

TripleXBullies

I just ordered mine. I can't wait to map my lake.

Once I do I am going to figure out a decent way to use it through the PC to map my catches with time of day, lure, weather, moon and location which will include type of cover if any, depth and so on.

Coenen

Helix is back in stock at walmart, 7 left.
Looks like someone figured out something was amiss with their pricing though. The Sonar / DI / GPS model is back up around $300. :( Only took them three weeks!

Troy might know this, does Humminbird not have something like an MAP policy on their units? Hard to believe a vendor as visible as Walmart went that long with those units priced as they were. Then again, maybe Walmart is big enough to tell HB to go fly a kite.

Teh Wicked

Did it ship direct from Hummingbird? If not, Wal-Mart likely took the hit on that sale if it was a miss.

KKirk

Looks like someone figured out something was amiss with their pricing though. The Sonar / DI / GPS model is back up around $300. :( Only took them three weeks!

Troy might know this, does Humminbird not have something like an MAP policy on their units? Hard to believe a vendor as visible as Walmart went that long with those units priced as they were. Then again, maybe Walmart is big enough to tell HB to go fly a kite.

did you look at https://www.walmart.com/ip/Humminbird-Helix-5/54876745

it still shows 4 left and $186