2017 Official UGA Football Thread

brownceluse

Excited to see some FB period! I'm optimistic to see growth from this team and staff. Other than that my expectations are not real high. I'm hoping for an under promise over achieve team this year. Go Dawgs!

MCBUCK

I don't even think the OL has to be great...as long as they are service, UGA could be a 10 or even 11 win team. But they can't be what they were last year....bad.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
CKS was talking about how bad the conditioning was after their 1st scrimmage. That does not sound good. Also the O was pathetic in the red zone drills.

Think CKS might been spreading a little propaganda. Lowering expectations if you will

Cletus T.

I’m trying to not get to excited as I think we’re still a year or two removed from something really special but like it’s already been said…….that O-Line play will be the key to our season but I’m very excited about the future of our DAWGS!!! Give Kirby time and he should build something that all of us Georgia Fans have been waiting for!!!

GO DAWGS!!!

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
I think if we can start 3-0, which in very possible, the line SHOULD have enough experience to get it done. And if we can get to TN undefeated would could have something special this year

westcobbdog

word on street is Fromm outperformed Eason in the last scrimmage with much better deep ball accuracy. How long do we flounder with Eason accuracy before Fromm gets a chance?

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hope Fromm is pushing Eason to get better.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
word on street is Fromm outperformed Eason in the last scrimmage with much better deep ball accuracy. How long do we flounder with Eason accuracy before Fromm gets a chance?

Unlike Richt, I don't think Kirby cares if he hurts any of his players feelings. I believe if Fromm looks better, he is going to play Fromm. Richt would stick with one for too long. Remember how Spurrier would quickly pull his QBs? That's how you do it. However, I think Eason will be our guy.

HunterJoe24

Unlike Richt, I don't think Kirby cares if he hurts any of his players feelings. I believe if Fromm looks better, he is going to play Fromm. Richt would stick with one for too long. Remember how Spurrier would quickly pull his QBs? That's how you do it. However, I think Eason will be our guy.

I like Kirby more just for that one reason, too me there's more reasons, but I like him because he doesn't sugarcoat things.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Boys I may be wrong...... been wrong before and will be again, but I just have this feeling these boys are gonna be A LOT better than they are expected to be. The D is going to be nasty and the tools are in place on offense. Either way I'll be screaming from 117 win or lose.

nickel back

Looks to me like our D will be much improved. If they can keep teams from scoring maybe the O will get cranked up.

(The offensive line performed well in pass protection. Ben Cleveland held his own at right tackle and the interior looked solid. When it comes to running the ball, however, some of the same problems from last season persisted.)

When I read the above statement I just shook my head, if we can't run the ball it will not bold well for our passing game.

If it was me I would spread the O out put Eason in the shotgun have Chubb on one side and Sony on the other.

westcobbdog

(The offensive line performed well in pass protection. Ben Cleveland held his own at right tackle and the interior looked solid. When it comes to running the ball, however, some of the same problems from last season persisted.)

When I read the above statement I just shook my head, if we can't run the ball it will not bold well for our passing game.

If it was me I would spread the O out put Eason in the shotgun have Chubb on one side and Sony on the other.

Heard Eason has had a few nice scrambles in practice. Did not catch who exactly was rushing him, 1,2 or 3's.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

This sounds half true/half head fake but I've been wrong before. A lot.

Chubb should be 100%. I just don't see him and Michel not getting their yards.

HunterJoe24

Too me, I think we'll either go all the way this year or be 7-5 or 8-4 or something similar again. It really all depends on how the O-line plays cause we have the talent to hang with the best. I honestly belive if our O-line shows up and performs above expectations we could possibly make the playoffs with offensive and defensive talent we have.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Too me, I think we'll either go all the way this year or be 7-5 or 8-4 or something similar again. It really all depends on how the O-line plays cause we have the talent to hang with the best. I honestly belive if our O-line shows up and performs above expectations we could possibly make the playoffs with offensive and defensive talent we have.

We're still slack in WR's and DB's.;)