Red Snapper ban?

CaptainCraig

I have been fishing for snapper in the Gulf since the late 70s and I have never seen the amount of Red Snapper that are in the gulf now. I have to use whole spanish mackrel for bait when I'm grouper fishing or it gets hammered by a big snapper. It's great when you are fishing for snapper but when the season is closed I try to avoid them to keep from killing them.

In case you have nothing better to do than get mad.
http://www.safmc.net/
Be sure to click on the June 2011 regulations while there, don't cuss too much.

I didn't realize bsb were down to 5 each! What the????

Well that does it...every legal fish I catch inshore this year.....

12.01 inch flounder - dead.
13.0001 inch trout - dead.
14.000000000000001 inch pinched tail redfish - dead.

I ain't kidding. Dead. All of them.

Bryannecker

If you attend any of the council meetings, you will be told that it could be up to the next thirty years!

Well, I say that it could be that long or until we have had enough and REVOLT! And I do not believe that it will 30 years before we do!
Capt. Jimmy

CUOffshore

Once everyone gives up on fishing offshore/nearshore and they all (understandably) choose to just stay inside and focus on trout and reds, what do you think will be targeted next?

-Dave

Altamaha Stalker

Once everyone gives up on fishing offshore/nearshore and they all (understandably) choose to just stay inside and focus on trout and reds, what do you think will be targeted next?

-Dave

I don't want all you blue water guys in my marsh. Please take up golf or maybe quilting.:D

No doubt this could be a serious situation. Election time is coming. Please choose wisely.

CUOffshore

Hey, I let you fish in my marsh all year long. I just reclaim it sarting October/November... just don't tell anyone.

-Dave