Leupold deal alert!

Dub

I'd also like to get one of those 2-7x33's and put it on a Savage Lightweight Hunter. 9oz scope. 5lb rifle. Talley LW base\rings.

rosewood

Mine showed up yesterday. Box had a dent in it and so did the Leupold box, but scope is fine. Guess either Fedex or USPS was not very kind to it even though it clearly has Optics stamped on the box.

Now to figure which rifle I am going to put it on.....

Dub

Mine showed up yesterday. Box had a dent in it and so did the Leupold box, but scope is fine. Guess either Fedex or USPS was not very kind to it even though it clearly has Optics stamped on the box.

Now to figure which rifle I am going to put it on.....

Glad it's okay.

The shipping box had several air filled packets stuffed in there around the Leupold box. That took some serious mishandling for them to get a dent through to the Leupold box.

I was sorta surprised to see the Optics Planet logos all over the shipping box. Sitting on my front porch where it was easily visible from the street. A local LEO told me about some thieves they busted who had been rolling along behind UPS & FedEx trucks...if no car in the driveway they'd make off with the packages. Hate a dang thief.

Mine is already riding on a bergara 270 barrel. Thanks for the tip!

Lookout deer !

Hammertime is coming. :cool:

rosewood

Have 2 security cams at front door, got the USPS employee dropping the box on the steps, but not enough to damage it (no more than I would have). So I know it wasn't him. The packaging did do it's job. I just hope the dent was from something sitting on it and not a large drop, but of course, the Leupold should survive anyway. I took lots of pictures of the box before opening and after just in case.

My box didn't have any padding around the box, the leupold box was just stuck inside the bigger box, seems like there was a plastic wrapper, but no padding.

Rosewood

Robert28

My Optics Planet box was also dented but the Leupold box was fine. I recently ordered a trigger guard for my ADL from Midway and that little tiny trigger guard came in a box the size of the one the Leupold scope came in.

Big7

The Oracle
I LOVE all my Leupold scopes!

I have one Nikkon on a center fire, a not so cheap
Tasco on a 10/22 and the rest are Leupold.
(mounted, anyway)
Got a few more stashed along with a vintage blue , all steel Weaver
V7-A that I posted a few weeks ago.

I would rat hole a few of these if I had something
that needed one. (and/or x-tra cash to burn)

Why they are discontinuing their money-maker's
is beyond me. :huh:

The VX line are fine scopes. IMO.

Dub

I LOVE all my Leupold scopes!

I have one Nikkon on a center fire, a not so cheap
Tasco on a 10/22 and the rest are Leupold.
(mounted, anyway)
Got a few more stashed along with a vintage blue , all steel Weaver
V7-A that I posted a few weeks ago.

I would rat hole a few of these if I had something
that needed one. (and/or x-tra cash to burn)

Why they are discontinuing their money-maker's
is beyond me. :huh:

The VX line are fine scopes. IMO.

I don't understand what they are doing, either.

Some good glass deals being had for now, at least.

rosewood

I picked one up too. I see a kimber hunter in 257 roberts in my future.

You might be a gun nut if....
You find a great deal on a scope and now have to buy a new gun to mount it on.:cool:

rosewood

Shot my new Leupy this weekend. One thing I noticed, the field of view is amazing and the eye relief has a lot of tolerance. When you look through it, the image looks as big as the rear of the scope, almost like a larger view screen and you can move forward and backward a lot before the eye relief changes. This is really nice.

Rosewood

Dub

Shot my new Leupy this weekend. One thing I noticed, the field of view is amazing and the eye relief has a lot of tolerance. When you look through it, the image looks as big as the rear of the scope, almost like a larger view screen and you can move forward and backward a lot before the eye relief changes. This is really nice.

Rosewood

Sounds great.

Haven't mounted mine, yet......but did go play around today...looking for some places to use them next deer season.....

Dirty work.

Thirsty work getting her clean.....

Robert28

The new Freedom reduced the field of view quite a bit compared to the VX2. Eye relief seems about the same, but the change of field of view was a turnoff to me.

Dub

The new Freedom reduced the field of view quite a bit compared to the VX2. Eye relief seems about the same, but the change of field of view was a turnoff to me.

Thanks for the report.

I was wondering what to expect.

Sounds like we did good to jump when we did. :shoot:

Latest posts