tobesofkee creek fishing

ArcOnAlloy

I'm not exactly sure but me and a buddy were thinking the same thing the other day, we were thinking of putting the bass boat in tobo and going to take a look I've never been all the way on the back side of tobo by the creek so it's all new to me

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I'm not exactly sure but me and a buddy were thinking the same thing the other day, we were thinking of putting the bass boat in tobo and going to take a look I've never been all the way on the back side of tobo by the creek so it's all new to me

Its extreme shallow and rocky in places in the creek...be careful.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
hey can any body tell me how to get to tobesokee creek fishing

Not alot of bank acces anymore...growing up we use to roam the banks freely....but now its harder to find access sue to new owners not giving permission to fish along the creek.

i know the spillway below tobo stinks to high heaven, i've seen hybrids down there in the shoals and caught a Largemouth or two but the stench will run you off...

jhall1976

Go to the north end of the lake and there is a house on a small penninsula.... Go around it and keep north....it gets shallow and narrow so run on the troll if possible. They call it the fingers look at a Google map of it and you will see why...as far as below the spillway.... No idea.... Caught some big cats in the fingers but that is it.

jbp84

Go to the north end of the lake and there is a house on a small penninsula.... Go around it and keep north....it gets shallow and narrow so run on the troll if possible. They call it the fingers look at a Google map of it and you will see why...as far as below the spillway.... No idea.... Caught some big cats in the fingers but that is it.

This route heads into the duck ponds we took our jon boat back up in there water was real murky and we had to push through with a pole it was so shallow. If seen some nice cats up there at the north end and during spawn some bass move up that way to feed off the small brim its a real pita with a bass boat

ArcOnAlloy

To be honest I really thought about talking my buddy into putting the Jon boat in right there haha just wasn't sure about it because I've never seen anyone attempt it but don't tempt me i will haha

hawghntr21

you can walk up the creek from columbus road and wear em out...i caught a 6 lb LM on a fly rod there...that was fun...but ive also had good luck with a weightless trick worm natural colors...you cant put a boat in there but if you wanna walk up the creek its a good time...beware...ive been up there several times but the times i went on wednesdays they apparently opened the dam and i got washed down lol...i dont know if its random or every wednesday but its happened to me 3 times on a wednesday

My Granddaddy took me fishing on Tobesofkee Creek years ago. I'm talking late '60's through the '70's. Put these coordinates in Google Maps, these are two places I fished with him. 32.767010/083.650593. That's Rocky Creek. 32.760576/083.650835. That's Tobesofkee Creek. We used to park somewhere near what's now Armstrong World Industries.Now the fun stuff. We walked the train tracks to the bridges. Notice how the tracks loop around. We caught catfish, variety of sunfish,bass bowfin and my favorite Chain Pickerel. Granddaddy would be amazed with Google maps. Hope you can still park and walk this endeavor. The fishin' was great and this trip down memory lane.... Priceless!

kevbo3333

There is a single boat ramp in the duck ponds. You are suppose to go to one of the other parks and pay then you can drive to the duck pond ramp. launch your boat there and you can navigate out into the creek, lake, or stay in the duck ponds. I have a mudboat so I can run anywhere on that lake but a little north of the duck ponds on the actual creek. It gets really rocky where you can’t pass unless you have a kayak. DNR tried to tell me the duck ponds where a no wake zone, i disagree with him as it has never been makes as such.

fshindrt

Don’t eat the fish below 247 some really nasty cotton mouths down there.been all over that creek from upper tobo to the river