Bailey eliminates UGA?

Buford_Dawg

Appears to be true.... from AJC

Bad news, Georgia fans: The Allen Bailey sweepstakes is down to three … and the Bulldogs aren’t in the running.

An assistant coach at Darien’s McIntosh County Academy told Rivals.com today that Bailey has settled on three finalists: Alabama, Florida and Miami.

rex upshaw

hate to hear that, but it looks like he has his mind set on being a lb....which is what i was afraid of. we wanted him at de, which i think is his natural position at the next level. you rarely, if ever, see a 270+ lb in college and he is only going to get bigger.

“It was a real shock to a lot of us,” Turner told Rivals. “He must feel that he fits better in other schemes as a linebacker.”

WickedKwik

I am intrested to see how he plans on catching a scat-back in the SEC. He is too large to be fast. I think i saw where he runs a 4.8 or 4.9 in the 40. That will not cut it. He need sto either lose wieght or become a DE. Good Luck Bailey, have fun trying to catch Mareno and King!

greene_dawg

Yep. He would've been a nice addition. This is the first time in a while that UGA hasn't been able to put it's arms around the state with Bailey leaving Georgia as well as Berry.

Hunting Teacher

ee finalists: Alabama, Florida and Miami.[/QUOTE]

The kid obviously has some morality issues and a lack of class if this was his top three choices.:rofl:
Teacher

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Good Luck to the kid... He may wanna be a LB and the coaches will make all kinds of promises to get him to sign. However, the coaches will eventually put him where they think he needs to be. He's gonna be a good one but he'll eventually end up at DL. My thoughts are this, if you don't wanna be a DAWG and put your heart into it go elsewhere.....
Unicoidawg

bukhuntr

Part of it has to do with the UGA depth chart at DE, and that's where we want to play him. He will not make an SEC LB, look at Brandon Miller, a total waste of talent at LB. My guess is he goes to UF, it's the in thing to do now with the NC. It always happens.

chadair

ee finalists: Alabama, Florida and Miami.

The kid obviously has some morality issues and a lack of class if this was his top three choices.:rofl:
Teacher[/QUOTE]

Atleast we know he does not have a criminal record:biggrin2:

And if he is 270 and only runs a 4.9, he has no chance of being a linebacker in the sec, unless they played tOSU every weekend:whip: I'm sure he could run Troy down.:rofl:

Arrow3

If you don't want to be a DAWG...Then your the enemy!! :cool:

rex upshaw

Part of it has to do with the UGA depth chart at DE, and that's where we want to play him. He will not make an SEC LB, look at Brandon Miller, a total waste of talent at LB. My guess is he goes to UF, it's the in thing to do now with the NC. It always happens.

i don't think it was the depth chart at de that scared him off....in fact, although we have some good players coming back, he would have been a good addition. i think it is the fact that he wanted to play lb and we wanted him to play de. these kids sometimes have it in their heart what position they want to play and that is it. we are stacked at lb and we are moving to the quicker lb's instead of the large lb's. i think brandon miller is a good example of being too big. although miller is pretty fast, he doesn't have the ability to move around as much as uga would like. look at the guys we have recruited to play lb in the past couple of years, most are around 6'1 and 205 and fast....knowing that they will add some weight once they get in the program and end up being around 215 to 225.

07 signing class
rennie curan 5-10 202
charles white 5-11 210

06 signing class

akeem dent-6-2 210 redshirted this year..now at 228
darius dewberry 6-3 211 played this year..now at 224
darryl gamble 6-2 215 redshirted this yr...now at 224
akeem hebron 6-1 195 redshirted this yr...now at 220

05 class
marcus washington 6-1 210.....now at 248

04 class
danelle ellerbe 6-2 185....now at 228

quote about bailey-
This is one of the biggest surprises of this recruiting cycle,” Rivals.com analyst JC Shurburtt said. “My best guess is that it had something to do with Bailey wanting to play linebacker in college and not believing that UGA gave him the best opportunity to do that.”

OconeeJim

"i don't think it was the depth chart at de that scared him off"

You're right...its the money, the clothes and the girls that will send him to FL, and the fact that he already knows about gnats and sulfur water.

...do you mean, we have two Akeems.... and twins...double D-Darius and and his other brother Darryl?

SKYNYRD

Someone please correct me if I give some misinformation (I am sure that wouldn't take long.), but what about the kid that was recruited last year, Brandon Wood, I think is his name. I know he was a very highly recruited player. I think he had problems with grades but that should be taken care of by this year (Unless he still didn't make the grade). Was he not suppose to be a stud at DE.

rex upshaw

Someone please correct me if I give some misinformation (I am sure that wouldn't take long.), but what about the kid that was recruited last year, Brandon Wood, I think is his name. I know he was a very highly recruited player. I think he had problems with grades but that should be taken care of by this year (Unless he still didn't make the grade). Was he not suppose to be a stud at DE.

wood came in as de, had shoulder problems and might end up at dt. and bailey chosing miami is fine with me. i just hate to lose recruits in state to teams in our conference, like we did with berry.