Float Time w Fishing. Buford Dam --> Settles Bridge

61BelAir

I've never fished there, but look around on here and I'm sure you'll find a map or something with the distance. I average about one mile per hour floating and fishing on the river here.

It all depends really.

ForsythGlock

It is about a 5 hour trip of you just floated (no paddling). If you are in a kayak, and paddled some and stopped some, then I would plan on 5-6 hours.

fish hawk

Bass Master
One mile per hour is a good estimate on larger rivers like the hooch,but it all really depends on how long you linger in one spot

I used to make that very same tube route back as a kid growing up in the area. Of course, we didn't do much fishing and generally (always) had a cooler of beer floating on its own designated tube with us.

Been quite a while but I seem to recall it taking a couple to three of hours of leisure time between the two points.

Brought back memories.

Teh Wicked

I take that trip regularly, and I usually put in at the DAm at 730am, and usually hauling boats up the hill at Settles around 1:30

That's stopping at least once to eat some lunch and doing PLENTY of fishing from the boat while drifting.

zacherwalker

I take that trip regularly, and I usually put in at the DAm at 730am, and usually hauling boats up the hill at Settles around 1:30

That's stopping at least once to eat some lunch and doing PLENTY of fishing from the boat while drifting.

^^^
This with the exception of lunch - I typically don't have lunch just pack a couple energy bars to tide me over, more time for fishing.

Typically, If Im in by 730 out by 1pm with ALOT of fishing. And it is a great spot to fish - Ive been there twice now and its my favorite section of the hooch north of Atlanta by far

Latest posts