Launch place for kayaking to Little Tybee?

Heathern

BANNED
Where is the best place to launch and leave a vehicle for kayak camping on north end of Little Tybee? I would like to park somewhere where it is free (or cheap) and very safe to leave a vehicle. Anybody have experience with this?

ccbiggz

There is a parking lot on the north end of Tybee, but I don't know if you can leave a vehicle there overnight. I've never done it, but I've heard there is a place on the south side of Tybee that has parking for overnight excursions. You could try calling The Tybee Fishing company at 912-856-7391. They may offer some advice.

If you make the trip be sure to post pictures and a write up to let us know how it went. Good luck!

T-N-T

I know I'm late to the thread.
But search on here for this exact trip. Very I'm formative info in a few threads

I paid about $30- something for parking though

Longhairedkuntryboy

There is no free parking anywhere on Tybee. There are plenty of meters everywhere. You can leave a vehicle at the canoe/ kayak launch on Alley st. There are several parking spots. You just have to put in enough quarters to last your whole trip. Or.... You can drop your gear and have a member of your group drive your vehicle back across the bridge to the Lazaretto Creek boat ramp. The parking is free there. Then Uber back for 5$.

Latest posts