Lake Allatoona, Once in a LIFETIME

Icepetes08

Well guys, most of you know that there is absolutely no water in Lake Allatoona. I haven't seen the lake this low since the drought. The north end of the lake seems much drier than usual. I haven't fished in what seems like months due to our brutal winter we have had.

The cold has been good for one thing though, a few of us got to live out our childhood dream about a week ago. We played pond hockey on Allatoona. A small puddle was left behind up Little River and we did not hesitate to get out there and take advantage of this once in a lifetime event.

Note: The ice was safe to skate on. The area was only about 5-6 inches deep at the deepest point, with a solid 3-4 inches of ice directly over a bed of mud. IT WAS SAFE.

Enjoy the video and hopefully we will all be back fishing soon.

https://youtu.be/cAUtoP9HBZo

Coenen

That. Is. Awesome! Way to make the best of what by most accounts(mine included) has been some crummy weather.

LureheadEd

Yall must not originally be from around here ! But glad to have ya, I haven't seen anything like that....

On a different note, please be careful....We have a very small shallow pond in our neighborhood....It iced over the year before we moved in (1986)...The 2 youngsters that lived next door to the pond tried the same thing and went through....One didn't make it....

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Yeah, you can tell that they ain't "local", they not only OWN boots with Bowie knives duck taped to them, they can run around and play on them. Just kidding, I tried that once...ONCE.

tjchurch

Obviously not your first rodeo. Well done.

Anvil Head

Better go quick, lots of scavengers working the mud right now. Saw six different sets right before the last snow came. They were pickin n packin. Used to do it all the time but got tired of cleaning up all the old coleman lanterns and trying to figure out what to do with them.

Oh, and for what it's worth I've seen 'Toona down this low several times over the years. Also seen it lapping over the Little River Bridge. Got to float my canoe from Acworth to T'oona with out getting out.

Huntin Nole

Great video!

JohnK

When I was a little kid in Fairbanks, Alaska I would skate thru the miles of bog (swampy) with maybe a couple of inches of snow on the ice. You slide up on ptarmigan, moose, grouse, snowshoe rabbits...no telling cause they can't hear you coming. It was a blast and you can find your way back because of the tracks. Never could skate in the hockey skates.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Super cool!! Had to send this video to my wife she loves too!

brianj

Pretty cool. Boston strong...
I was breaking through ice in the pontoon Sunday morning (sturns).