Rattlesnakes

Ballplayer

I think pretty much the whole state is as you say a "good spot" for rattlesnakes, especially rural areas. Just find some tortoise dens, you'll strike your gold in them.

maxwell42583

A good spot to find them would be some woodland in North America.

Do like we do getting ready for Rattlesnake Round-Up, Get ya some PVC pipe and a hip flask full of gas. Go find a hole in the ground and shove the PVC down it. Poor a little gas in there and wait. In a couple minutes a rattlesnake will crawl out all groggy and tired. Pick him up and throw him in a barrel. Go to the next hole and repeat.
If you really want to see how it is done, come on down to Whigham, Ga and start asking people to take you on a snake hunt. The Rattlesnake Round-up takes place the last Saturday in January every year. It has been going on for 50 years or so.

rexb

Do like we do getting ready for Rattlesnake Round-Up, Get ya some PVC pipe and a hip flask full of gas. Go find a hole in the ground and shove the PVC down it. Poor a little gas in there and wait. In a couple minutes a rattlesnake will crawl out all groggy and tired. Pick him up and throw him in a barrel. Go to the next hole and repeat.
If you really want to see how it is done, come on down to Whigham, Ga and start asking people to take you on a snake hunt. The Rattlesnake Round-up takes place the last Saturday in January every year. It has been going on for 50 years or so.

Thanks for the info. But I don't want to hurt the gopher tortise. I kinda like them

rexb, if you have your mind set on this, and haven't already been doing so, I would suggest practicing by catching and releasing non venomous snakes for a few years without getting bitten. Bitey types like water snakes and racers.

That's a great way to ruin that hole from ever being used again by tortoises, rattlers, indigo snakes and any other critters that use it.

RW

maxwell42583

rexb, if you have your mind set on this, and haven't already been doing so, I would suggest practicing by catching and releasing non venomous snakes for a few years without getting bitten. Bitey types like water snakes and racers.

That's a great way to ruin that hole from ever being used again by tortoises, rattlers, indigo snakes and any other critters that use it.

RW

You sound like my wife! :rofl:
The small shot worth of gas that we poor in holes acts as a anesthetic that only makes the snake kinda slow. It wont kill them and it will evaporate or soak in quickly. I never hunt gopher holes. I like them too! I would feel too badly if I hurt one!!

Again, by pouring gasoline into it you are poisoning that hole for every critter that uses it. There is a reason it is illegal. It's the same as pouring bleach in a pond to catch one fish.

RW

rexb

Thanks for all the different locations. Please lets keep it on location not how to catch them.

If somebody has a place where they see rattlesnakes often please let me know . thanks

G20

Banned
Again, by pouring gasoline into it you are poisoning that hole for every critter that uses it. There is a reason it is illegal. It's the same as pouring bleach in a pond to catch one fish.

RW

This is true. I'm certainly no "Greenie", nor am I attacking anyone in this thread. But gasoline doesn't just simply evaporate. It does contaminate the ground. It does kill critters, then and later.

And be careful writing about using those methods on an online forum, because it is very illegal and the gummit is watching this forum. If you're ever caught, it will most likely be used against you in court.

mwells353

You do know you posted on a public forum admitting to doing a very illegal act.

jigman29

Lake russel has plenty of timber rattlers and copperheads.Me and a buddy caught 3 coperheads riding the roads one night while bowhunting.I have killed one rattler and most of my friends who hunt there have killed both.

rexb

Lake russel has plenty of timber rattlers and copperheads.Me and a buddy caught 3 coperheads riding the roads one night while bowhunting.I have killed one rattler and most of my friends who hunt there have killed both.

Thanks