What to do if you find a Coyote Den

miles58

Banned yankee
Set up with a good rifle a few hundred yards off and start calling with coyote pup distress calls. Whack 'em all.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Let your conscience be your guide...

deramey67

throw a roach fogger or two in their and shoot them all as they run out. just remember to:shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot:

wshooks

objectivley speaking what difference does it make what age you kill them.....they are varmits and are detrimental to deer and small game. granted its not as sporty as havin one come to your predator call and wackin him from a 100yds away......in my opinion the only difference between killin one that hunts and killin one that gets fed is the game they hunt and kill while they are living.....so dead is dead be it 8weeks or 4yrs....only with the 8week old youre ahead a few more rabbits and deer fawns......in case you cant tell i really dont like coyotes

rdhood

My conscience and me are real good friends, but I don`t kill helpless babies.

I hope "babies" that you are not talking about "baby" coyotes, because that would be the biggest bunch of coyote squeeze I've read lately.

So, if you found a litter of baby rats behind your refrigerator, you would .... what? What about "baby" cockroaches?

The baby coyote you don't kill and let grow to adulthood will be killing baby deer, turkey, kittens, chickens, and whatever else it can get it's teeth into. So your unwillingness to kill the baby yote results in the death of other "babies".

Capt Quirk

It is a critter that is just trying to survive, like you and any other critter. Unlike humans though, they don't just kill for killing's sake, only for food. That puts them up a notch above many humans.

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
First of all yall need to back off Nick........although I do disagree with him on this one but he is a man who has earned the respect of many on this board......which is deserved.

That being said, yes I would eliminate future threats to my quail rabbit, deer population in a minute.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
First of all yall need to back off Nick........although I do disagree with him on this one but he is a man who has earned the respect of many on this board......which is deserved.

Well said Branch.

As to baby rats . If they are in my house they die. If they are in the wild they get a pass.

tbrown913

my first thought was blasting caps... second was gasoline. either way, Waste Em

Last edited by a moderator:

pilot teacher

Gave some serious thought to this. I feel it depends on what I see in the scope. If they are just puppies and the parents are killed, the chances are the pups will not survive either. Probably would not kill the pups. But through the scope 100 or 300 hundred yards away it may be difficult to determine if they're pups, grow ups or full grown. I would let my conscience decide for me whether or not to squeeze the trigger at the time. BUT, my yote hunting should be that good.;)

If I could figure out a way to kill every last one of them, I would. I shot a female coyote that obviously still had pups (milk sacks were full) once. I searched the area trying to find her den, but couldn't. I fully intended to wipe it out if I could.

shakey gizzard

Ill take the pups! Raise em like they were my own,and release them into my neighbors yard. She has about 20 feral cats.:biggrin2: