Fort Stewart road conditions

john s

It's been a year since I've been down to Fort Stewart does anybody know if they cut up the trees on the back roads from the storm last year and maybe graded the roads

BowArrow

Hog Hunting Weapons

My Appendix C Legal Hunting Weapons for FS/HAAF

Day after deer season thru end of small game season is Big Game Weapons east of Hwy. 119 Small Game Weapons West of Hwy. 119.

Day after Small Game Season thru day before Turkey Season is Big Game Weapons.

Hope these regulations are up to date as I am going down March 6.

Sorry. I think you are correct, it was just confusing. The seasons and dates on the I sportsman site said big game weapons east of 119 until end of small game. I mistakenly took that to mean that was the end. Guess after February you can use big game weapons on both sides of 119. Boy it gets confusing. I don't understand the hwy 119 division.

This is what threw me. It's the only mention of hogs on the seasons and dates list. I had to go to the SOP appendix C as well. I deleted my earlier post after I read that.

Hog hunters may use big game weapons for hog hunting in firearms areas EAST of HWY 119 from 15 JAN thru 28 FEB 2018.

For emergencies, please call Ft Stewart Central Dispatch at (912) 767-2822.

Last edited:

Totaloutdoorsman

You are able to use high powered rifles all year except during turkey season and archery/ muzzleloader deer season. The part about 15 Jan- 28 Feb is to allow hunters to be able to shoot center fire rifles during small game season and not be forced to shoot rim fire. West of 119 is still restricted though.