Trolling battery will only charge to 8.2 volt. Why?

harderthansoft

My trolling battery I bought from Wal-Mart only like 9 months ago won't charge past 8.2 bolts. Any ideas how to fix?
My receipt has been kept with my fishing license. I assume it got damp. There is hardly any of the print left. It has totally faded away. So probably can't return it.

rospaw

My receipt has been kept with my fishing license. I assume it got damp. There is hardly any of the print left. It has totally faded away. So probably can't return it.

They will return/swap it. They will scan the bar code on battery, no need for a receipt.

T-N-T

Also, receipt ink fades in time often.
So you can't show them I figure

But batteries go bad easy some times

I had two six year batteries bad in 29 months

T-N-T

Also if you left it sit all winter and drain, you killed it.

Batteries NEED to be charged every month or so

marathon

As stated before battery probably has one or more bad cells. Most batteries have a code stamped into them which at least tells manufacture date. They should be able to recognize battery as one of their on and decipher code to get best gestimation on sale date, cause "usually" batteries only set on shelves for x amount of time.

treemanjohn

Banned
Receipts are made on thermal paper so they fade quickly. I take a picture of hte receipt and email it to myself in gmail. I put the name of the item in the subject line and message body so it's easily searchable. The barcode scanners at the store can read it perfectly

GA native

Sounds like a dead cell or two. Like Rospaw said, they'll exchange it. Wally World is cool like that.