Any white bass reports before this GA rain?

We fished Saturday also. We put in at river road and ran up to the power plant with not much action. Ended up running down river to island and picked up a few. They seemed to be deep for us also.

Glad to hear you were out and giving it a shot. If the water temps would just rise to maybe 60's and slow down that maybe the difference. We usually do not have to go very far the furthest is the power plant launching from the dam. Heck more often we don't even make it to the dam when white bass fishing. Next time I'm going to get an earlier start and pick up a few shad at Striper Soup before making my way to the Coosa. Need to check out that hybrid bite. It was on FIRE last year when the white bass just suddenly shut down. We had a dozen medium/large threadfin shad. Cut those in half and we picked up 10 hybrids in 2 hours that was a nice bite

Has anyone been to Brushy Branch? I'm thinking about making a Sunday trip. Looking at the gauges that Coosa is just not looking promising with the currents being way to fast for my liking.

little rascal

Brushy

Has anyone been to Brushy Branch? I'm thinking about making a Sunday trip. Looking at the gauges that Coosa is just not looking promising with the currents being way to fast for my liking.
I went yesterday and one day prior week, can't find'em?
We usually catch a lot of whites in February and last year in January staging to go up the creek. I seen a little too much water, a little muddy, and temps hovering around 49 too long. An afternoon bite might be the deal. I should have went today instead of yesterday, it warmed up nice and not much wind today and the water is back down some. Beautiful thing about the creek, it clears up faster and gets back to normal way before the river will.
Guess I'll have to wait til' middle or end of March to hit it right. Probably will hit Franklin before I go back to Brushy.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Probably will hit Franklin before I go back to Brushy.

You better watch the gauges before trekking down. Heavy water releases from up north have muddied it bad here also. The cold knocked them here also. Had to really work for them this evening.

ryork

What's the water temp up the river down there now? I was expecting a significant drop when we went to the Coosa yesterday, but was a little surprised at it being 48 degrees.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
What's the water temp up the river down there now? I was expecting a significant drop when we went to the Coosa yesterday, but was a little surprised at it being 48 degrees.

50-53. Whites are still around, but are much further south. The ones up high kept going and nothing new moved in this week.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
The whites and the crappie have backed off since the weather got cold again. Been running water temps around 54-56 at lake Harding. Sure hope things will improve with the warm weather coming this weekend.

Thanks for the report everyone. I never made it out saw the details and didn't bother going. But this weekend it's going to be FIYA on the Coosa. Looking at the gauges it's nice. Perfect flow and temps for my liking.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 3.24.22 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 3.24.22 PM.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 120

ryork

I've been the last two Fridays. Didn't get overwhelming numbers but still managed to catch some real good white bass both days. Not sure where those water temp numbers originate, but I can attest that on March 9 the water temps were 47-49 from the Lock and Dam all the way to the power plant, and on Friday March 16 they were only 49.50-50 through the same areas. Would be really surprised if it has climbed to 58 that quickly (looks like the graph shows that on the 17th), but that would be nice if so. I like the gauge readings to be about 1.5-2 ft higher than they are right now. My good current break spots up there have barely any or no water on them when the level is what it is right now. That of course doesn't mean you can't catch them elsewhere or otherwise, but just a handful of tried and true spots for me over the years that I essentially couldn't fish the last two Fridays.

Good Luck and please report results!