; Rabbit hunt 1-13-2018 - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Deer and Small Game Hunting and Trail Cams > Small Game Hunting

Old 01-14-2018, 07:06 AM
Default Rabbit hunt 1-13-2018

ran and shot a couple yesterday with my nephews that just started going rabbit running with me here lately ,there hooked they call everyday wanting to go ...
Old 01-14-2018, 07:42 AM
Retired Moderator

First rabbit 🐇 hunt I have been on in many years. Thanks for the invitation.
Good dogs y’all got there!!
Old 01-14-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
First rabbit 🐇 hunt I have been on in many years. Thanks for the invitation.
Good dogs y’all got there!!
thank you Sir ,They really use to be pretty good dogs ,my old dog has gotten down in the hips and I lost most of my running spots so I dont get to run as much anymore and that really effects a pack in my opinion ...there tuning back up at the moment ,thanks for watching !
Old 01-14-2018, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Good stuff. I miss having beagles, kept them for years.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHillbilly View Post
Good stuff. I miss having beagles, kept them for years.
Thanks NCHillbilly ,I have thought about giving it up due to no place to really run much anymore ....just cant do it yet ,I have owned and hunted some kind of hound for 40 yrs ...never thought I'd see the day I even thought about it but this place is fast changing down here
Old 01-14-2018, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnrice View Post
Thanks NCHillbilly ,I have thought about giving it up due to no place to really run much anymore ....just cant do it yet ,I have owned and hunted some kind of hound for 40 yrs ...never thought I'd see the day I even thought about it but this place is fast changing down here
That's it here, too. I used to keep coon hounds, bear hounds, and beagles and hunted them all the time. Now, I just don't have the time to do them justice, and private land access is pretty much a thing of the past. Used to be, you could drop the tailgate anywhere. Now, nobody wants a dog on their land.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHillbilly View Post
That's it here, too. I used to keep coon hounds, bear hounds, and beagles and hunted them all the time. Now, I just don't have the time to do them justice, and private land access is pretty much a thing of the past. Used to be, you could drop the tailgate anywhere. Now, nobody wants a dog on their land.
same here ,they just opened up the wma in the video for small game hunts with dogs (our old deer dog club )state bought it ...GW caught us first time out and said you do know the dogs have to be leashed at all times right ? I showed them the ''new'' rules on this wma and small game hunt part of rule change ....What was sad was that GW really thought a pack of beagles running rabbits was supposed to be on a leash ....things and PEOPLE have changed ...Old ways are long gone ...its sad alot kids will not ever get to see the old way ,I am hoping my 2yr old grandson atleast gets to do it some with me ,he loves the dogs and hollers the whole time the dogs are running a race and just happy as he can be ...cant wait for him to get just a little older
Old 01-14-2018, 01:28 PM
Administrator

There are a couple old guys come and run beagles on my place here a few times a year. I love to go out there and listen to them run.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:03 PM

Thats the good stuff... Brings back so many memories!
Old 01-14-2018, 05:01 PM

Good running Shawn. Went this morning and it was tough with the frozen ground. Had a nice lil race after things warmed up.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagler282 View Post
Good running Shawn. Went this morning and it was tough with the frozen ground. Had a nice lil race after things warmed up.
Thanks 282, I am coming up to my lease up there soon to run ,too cold for me up there at the moment
Old 01-15-2018, 02:23 PM

looking good SR......thanks for posting.....been a few times, limited on spots with deer hunters still in the woods....fixin' to break loose next weekend though!!
Old 01-15-2018, 03:48 PM

Your pack realy sounds good man. Appriciate the video ! It's sad it's so hard to find a place to hunt rabbits and squirrel anymore. If we keep the kids involved it might turn back around one day. Thanks for the video.

DEO VINDICE
Old 01-15-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialk View Post
looking good SR......thanks for posting.....been a few times, limited on spots with deer hunters still in the woods....fixin' to break loose next weekend though!!
hope you have some great hunts and running Specialk ...I am staying after it best I can ,thanks for watching !
Old 01-15-2018, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly stalker View Post
Your pack realy sounds good man. Appriciate the video ! It's sad it's so hard to find a place to hunt rabbits and squirrel anymore. If we keep the kids involved it might turn back around one day. Thanks for the video.
Thanks ,I'm trying to get them involved ,most are amazed with dogs and running once they get to go ...hope it all turns back around myself ,I grew up running some kind of hound since I was a kid ,thanks for watching
Old 01-18-2018, 12:26 PM

what blows my mind is that the game warden didn't know the rule change on the wma.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG HUNT View Post
what blows my mind is that the game warden didn't know the rule change on the wma.
mine too........
Old 01-18-2018, 06:15 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG HUNT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnrice View Post
mine too........
That officer is probably what is what we who manage people typically refer to as the “marginal employee”