How high do you mount your trail camera?

bullardsls1

i put my camera about 10 yards away from the trail or the feeding area and about 2 foot up the tree it works for me

SneekEE

I put most of mine bout knee high if it is on level ground.Used to go higher, now I seem to get more pics??

Killdee

Most of mine are on scrapes right now and I prefer to hang high pointed down out of deers normal vision. on trails I still hang higher, 5'or so for the same reason. Harder to set up but I prefer stealth over easy. I do have a video cam and I other cam right on the ground pointed a little up on scrapes due to the set up I had no other choice.

dfhooked

ditto to the above statement regarding scrapes, especially in the video mode. Your scrape videos will be awesome if the camera is above the deers line of sight angled down.

cball917

most of mine are knee to waist high. depends on what they are looking at and what kind of pics i want. various locations have different set ups. most of my feeder pics are flat mounted around 3 ft off the ground

Ohoopee Tusker

I put mine a little low but tilt the bottom out with a stick or something. Seems to point the flash farther away and gets better night pics.

Todd E

The majority of my sets are placed 7' + high.
If I am really worried about theft, it goes 11' + high.

I prefer to be least intrusive when it comes to cammin'.

preacher

The majority of my sets are placed 7' + high.
If I am really worried about theft, it goes 11' + high.

I prefer to be least intrusive when it comes to cammin'.

That's a great idea. I never thought about putting them up high and pointing them down to keep someone from stealing them. Mine is about 2 feet off the ground, but I might try to move it up higher.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Most of mine are on scrapes right now and I prefer to hang high pointed down out of deers normal vision. on trails I still hang higher, 5'or so for the same reason. Harder to set up but I prefer stealth over easy. I do have a video cam and I other cam right on the ground pointed a little up on scrapes due to the set up I had no other choice.

Good suggestion. I might give it a try. All of mine are 24-36" high.