Another Youth Weekend Success Story!

Huntinfool

Fantastic, emotion on the film bird got crushed. What kind of .410 and load you set up for him?

It's just an old single shot .410. I bought some Hevi #7's to shoot through it. We got him an 870 20 gauge this year. But he's not quite comfortable with it yet. So we stuck with the .410 for one more season.

Huntinfool

Awesome! That .410 rocked that turkey!

It sure did didn't it? I was honestly taken back at how hard he fell over. I mean almost fell backwards. I think that was kind of shock in my voice.

I mean, don't get me wrong...he was close. I think the entire load hit him in the face before it had a chance to expand any.

I was kind of surprised he didn't kill them both as close as they were to each other. I think I was most proud of how still he sat while they came in. You can see the gun barrel. He didn't move a muscle. We were improvising on the setup. So we didn't have a blind or anything but God's creation to hide us.

Killer Kyle

Great post, and great video. I know you sure we're proud! You sounded like you were about to cry! Haha! Congrats to you and your boy!!!

Gaswamp

that is what its all about...thanks for sharing

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Aw man I love video's!!! That's a great one!! "Let's go get it" is my favorite part!!
Awesome job y'all!!!

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
What an amazing hunt and video! I love it. The memories made in the woods with our kids are absolutely priceless. Congratulations :yeah:

Huntinfool

Thinking back to seasons past and thought I'd push this one up for those getting ready for youth weekend. He's 13 now and about to die to get after another bird. I've filmed a lot of hunts for a lot of folks in my day. But this is probably my favorite. Wasn't even planning on getting video that day. But I knew they were coming, so I just pulled my phone out of my pocket before they got there. Man I love hunting turkeys with this kid!

Y'all grab a kid next weekend and go smash a head.

Last edited:

Gadget

Great story, congrat to you both.

He'll never forget that

splatek

UAEC
That was awesome!
Congrats - hearing your pride in the video, man, there are few other words than that was awesome!