Georgias deer herd by the numbers and by those who know

SELFBOW

If I fill all my tags that puts me in the top 1% or less of hunters in the state.....

Thats awesome:rofl:

Three puts me in top 8%:fine:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
But if you talk to Piedmont hunters, you get varying assessments. Some are satisfied and others are declaring that all the deer are gone.

“Depends on who’s saying it,” Parnell noted. “If you pick into the conversation a little deeper you can see how much they hunt.”

If a casual hunter only goes afield a few times and sees little or no deer, that’s hardly an accurate benchmark.

:pop:

T

NOYDB

BANNED
It's really a scheduling problem. It the deer would just get with the program and be available at the right times and places.......

snookdoctor

Two observations:

- Hey, there is a C. Killmaster that is a member here. I wonder if they are related:bounce:.

-With 304,327 hunters and just under 1 million deer, if every hunter took 3.284 deer this year, I bet the lease prices would come down pretty quick the following year:fine:.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Two observations:

--With 304,327 hunters and just under 1 million deer, if every hunter took 3.284 deer this year, I bet the lease prices would come down pretty quick the following year:fine:.

Looks like those statistical programs they use are a little more accurate than some folks on here give them credit for ain't they. ;)

T

Big Eights

These people are dreaming. How do they have a clue how many deer are killed each year. Its sad that our state wrd. make up this foolishness and some people are going by the numbers. I turned in no tags but they still knew how many I killed. :crazy:

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hypethical to say the least

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
These people are dreaming. How do they have a clue how many deer are killed each year. Its sad that our state wrd. make up this foolishness and some people are going by the numbers. I turned in no tags but they still knew how many I killed. :crazy:

so how many did you kill?

T

BornToHuntAndFish

Tired of arguments about Georgias deer herd? Read this article from the people who actually know what they are talking about.

http://www.gameandfishmag.com/2011/10/06/2011-georgia-deer-hunting-our-top-hunting-areas/

2011 Georgia Deer Hunting…Our Top Hunting Areas

October 6, 2011

1110_G106_GA12.jpg

1110_G105_GA12.jpg

1110_GA_DS1Map_G.jpg

Interesting & glad it offers some hope for improvement.

:bounce:

NEGA Hog Hunter

is there anyone who truly believes this ? i dont think that it is intentionaly incorrect they do the best they can with the info. they have .

Mako22

BANNED
They actually conduct some kind of polling to get a sample size and then they account for fellas that shoot more than you are legally allowed. I mean they just don't pull these numbers out of the air, they do have a scietific method to getting close on the numbers.

I learned years ago that ignorant uneducated rednecks know much more than the wildlife biologist that work for the State. I hunted and fished with enough "experts" to know that these college types at the State are all idiots. So Bubba go on with that you were saying about how you know everything about deer hunting.:crazy:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
What happens to the number when you add car kills?

what about when you add the 70% of the fawn population year that coyotes kill each year? ::ke:

T

Last edited:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
is there anyone who truly believes this ? i dont think that it is intentionaly incorrect they do the best they can with the info. they have .

me. If anything it's a little high IMO.

T

Jeff Phillips

Looks like those statistical programs they use are a little more accurate than some folks on here give them credit for ain't they. ;)

T

Your joking right?

More accurate based on what?

Did someone actually go out in the field and verify a population?

Have they adjusted their program to include predators? (See this months GON on some data about Fort Rucker that verifies the work done at SRS)

If you know of something that backs up their computer program please provide it. This article is the same ol fluff we always see from WRD:rolleyes:

Philbow

I agree statistical analysis is completely wrong, hunting regulations should be based on internet forum anecdotal posts. Doe seasons should be curtailed and replaced with black panther season since more posts concern seeing black panthers than doe sightings. The normal tan panthers, mountain lions, can only be killed on odd Tuesdays during November and December, they seem more rare than the black variety.