Greene County Rut

triseven

I just started hunting in the far north tip of Greene County (just south of Oconee County). I've never hunted this area before and was wondering if anyone can tell me when to expect the rut. I've got a couple vacation days coming and want to know when I should take them :shoot:? I know we've got a bunch of folks on here, so I thought I see what your experiences have been. Thanks in advance!

Barracuda

I don't know if this helps but in Warren County it seems to get going right about now and get heavy first two weeks in November. Got a 9-pointer last night.

erniesp

We are right outside of Union Point and we are all headed down starting tomorrow. Hearing it is on from members that were there last weekend..

triseven

I hunt off of Nichols Rd about 3 miles from Hwy 15. Not far from the Redlands WMA. How about yourself?

TimR

first two weeks of Nov.

I hunted the very southern end of Oconee Co. for several years and I always saw the most activity then. Killed my best buck ever on Nov. 9, 2005 while he was about 10 steps behind a doe.

Good Luck!~

tr

Jeff.Cronic

I live right out side Union Point on 44. The next few weeks are going to be good. Going to the woods in a little while to see what is walking. I hope to see one like my son got last year on my avatar.