Putnam County 2018-2019 season

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
We didn’t keep an active thread last season. Let’s make it better this year.

Who is hunting Putnam?

fredw

Retired Moderator
Renewing again this season. 450 plus or minus on Pea Ridge road. Restart of an established club on private land.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Renewing again this season. 450 plus or minus on Pea Ridge road. Restart of an established club on private land.

Fred we need to get together down there one day soon.

Full Draw McGraw

Man i'm excited for the season. I got out to the property i hunt in Putnam yesterday and knocked around for a couple hours. I jumped a large bodied deer off the bed in one spot, a doe and fawn in another, and found good sign nearly everywhere i went.
I can't wait to be out these sweating on opening morning.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Man i'm excited for the season. I got out to the property i hunt in Putnam yesterday and knocked around for a couple hours. I jumped a large bodied deer off the bed in one spot, a doe and fawn in another, and found good sign nearly everywhere i went.
I can't wait to be out these sweating on opening morning.

I am down close to the lake in the Crooked Creek vicinity. What part of Putnam are you in?

riskyb

Im in putnam too in the glenwood springs area lots of deer movement and sign just be careful downed two big timber rattles and copperhead in last month

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Im in putnam too in the glenwood springs area lots of deer movement and sign just be careful downed two big timber rattles and copperhead in last month

YIKES!!!

I have been on our place working a lot this spring/summer and haven’t even seen so much as a black snake. Did kill a rattlesnake last summer.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Your not far away milkman maybe see ya at the huddle house one morning

We usually stay down at the lake when hunting. Sometimes grab a biscuit at Terry’s One Stop on Scuffleboro rd.

Is Glenwood Springs in the Rockville area?

tdw3684

My coworker who lives on Sinclair told me that Terry's has sold out. I have a place near Twin Bridges. The last time I went down there I saw 11 deer between 10 and 12 in the morning. Should be a good year.

I was scouting Cedar Creek and saw a good 8 pointer browsing near the tree I was checking on. I was a hundred yards away and didn't alert him. Hopefully he'll walk by on Saturday. They have logged most of the area that I have hunted over the years but there are a few spots left and deer in the area.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
My coworker who lives on Sinclair told me that Terry's has sold out.

They may have sold out but it appears not much has changed. Looks like the same staff

tdw3684

Anybody seeing anything?
I went to Cedar Creek just off of 212 and had a doe and two fawns go by. I spotted a good 8 pointer but he was beyond bow range at 70 yards. Hoping to try again this weekend.