War Between the States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonaire-Dave

If your ever near Chattanooga, go by Chickamauga Battlefield visitors center and look at the large display of civil war rifles there. Largest display I've ever seen of these kind of rifles. Dave

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
If your ever near Chattanooga, go by Chickamauga Battlefield visitors center and look at the large display of civil war rifles there. Largest display I've ever seen of these kind of rifles. Dave

The battlefield itself is a pretty great place to visit as well :)

westcobbdog

Here’s another:

The Reb General was a warhorse for Robert E Lee then was transferred South and worked under Bragg, long enough to learn Bragg was a bit inept. After being critical of Bragg ( who was Jeff Davis’ buddy) he was essentially released from leadership and rejoined the Southern cause late in the war near the very end.
He was pretty good at Math, too.

BassRaider

Here’s another:

The Reb General was a warhorse for Robert E Lee then was transferred South and worked under Bragg, long enough to learn Bragg was a bit inept. After being critical of Bragg ( who was Jeff Davis’ buddy) he was essentially released from leadership and rejoined the Southern cause late in the war near the very end.
He was pretty good at Math, too.

Lt Gen Daniel Harvey Hill

BassRaider

This Gent accepted leadership of Jackson’s Stonewall Brigade after he was mortally wounded at Chancellorsville.
Who was he and what unusual prior history did he have with Ol Jack, his former VMI professor?

James A Walker
At VMI, cadet Walker thought Jackson was questioning his integrity and challenged Jackson to a duel. He was court-martialed and expelled from school.

westcobbdog

This Reb took a bullet in the cheek and lost some teeth as it passed thru but no further damage as the shot passed thru his open mouth in the invasion of KY.

Last edited:

westcobbdog

The man mentioned above later died at Franklin where Hood ordered many of the South’s finest men to their slaughter, charging much further than the charge at Gettysburg and with much less artillery support against a well entrenched enemy.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
The man mentioned above later died at Franklin where Hood ordered many of the South’s finest men to their slaughter, charging much further than the charge at Gettysburg and with much less artillery support against a well entrenched enemy.

Good to see the thread alive again:banana::banana::banana:

I figure you are talking about Gen Patrick Cleburne

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Wirz at Andersonville was one but I believe he was convicted in error.

BassRaider

No takers?

#2 was Champ Ferguson. He was a Confederate guerilla. He claimed to have killed over 100 Union soldiers and pro-Union civilians.

Status
Not open for further replies.