for all you fishfinder experts

n2huntin

I am looking for a fishfinder for my little lake/river boat. I really like the down scan imaging feature that is out now, and think it would come in very handy for finding and identifiying structure in the lakes and rivers. I don't want to spend a ton of money, and I don't really think I need a lot of fancy features like color and hd and things like that. I have narrowed down my choices to two fishfinders that seem very simiilar and are the same price. What would you pick between the two below and why.

Lowrance mark 5x dsi - I posted about this one the other day and got some very good feedback. It seems like most of the people that have these really like them. This was the original unit that I was looking at, and it seems like a well built basic unit.

Humminbird 570 DI - this one is the same price as above. It also has the down imaging capability but it has a few more features than the lowrance like the ability to switch to the traditional 2d sonar if you don't want down imaging. The one detractor for this one is the power rating. This one does not put out the wattage that the other one does.

Let me know what you think. I know we are talking about a basic fishfinder, but at the end of the day $300 is still a lot of money, and I want to make sure I get the best deal for my money. Thanks for the help...

Triton Mike

Personally I'm with BT. Cept I'd get a better and bigger color sonar and do away with DI all together especially if your going to use it at the bow. You have to be constantly moving 3 to 5mph to get a good structure pic using DI/DS.

Mike