Franklin Whitebass 2-26/2-27-2011

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Well I would love to say we loaded the boat but we worked for every fish we caught this weekend. We had 20-25 both days. Not real sure what happened to the bite but it was off. Water did have some stain to it but not bad and the water is still in the middle to upper 50's and did see low 60's in one creek down river today.

We never went further than the ballpark and they may have been slaying them farther up but I don't know. The fish we found were just so scattered and never caught more than a few in one spot. Lures were 2 inch curly tails, 3 inch white curly tails and 3" Mystic Shad.

Good news is if the water gets into the 60's it will be on like a chicken bone with the big fish.

Attachments

• P1020583.jpg
    P1020583.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 532
  • P1020584.jpg
    P1020584.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 526
  • P1020587.jpg
    P1020587.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 525
  • P1020588.jpg
    P1020588.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 532
  • P1020594.jpg
    P1020594.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 526
  • P1020595.jpg
    P1020595.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 531

Arrow3

Y'all are working on them!!

Robert Eidson

GONetwork Member
There is two things you can always count on in the spring. Dogwoods blooming and Dustin Pate busting line-sides in the river........Congrats my friend you time is hear......

Mistrfish

Thanks for the report Dustin. You must live close to the river to be able to fish it so much. Hopefully I get down there this year, almost 100 miles one way gets expensive now days.

ryork

Good news is if the water gets into the 60's it will be on like a chicken bone with the big fish.

That's what I'm waiting for! Won't be long, even though it is supposed to be cooler this week. Hope the water level comes up some too!

I thought about going to the river yesterday, but ended up crappie fishing in Yellow Jacket. Was fast and furious for the first hour I was there, then just sporadic. Did get into some white bass, small ones, just downstream of the HWY 27 bridges/Clark Access. They're fun while crappie trolling.

Goatman70

We ended up catching 25 saturday, and I went back Sunday and blew the boat motor. Time for a new one!

BOBBASS

Heard about all the White Bass in the Hooch so my buddy and I took my son up there Saturday AM for his 16th birthday. Put in at Ringer, went all the way up to Franklin and managed to catch 11 spots but no White Bass.
We had already planned on getting a cabin at Highland and fish the Lake Sunday for bass.
Ended up catching about 100 White Bass in the back of coves just past Highland on the left Sunday. We caught them right in the middle of the cove on #5 Shad Raps. Not all the way back but pretty close,the depth finder went out so I don't know how deep. Just about every cove was loaded with them. Added a few small Stripes, a few good Crappie and about 15 Spots.
The Whites weren't big but we had about 10 triples and a number of doubles. Anyway my son had a great time as did my buddy and I.

kbad

We took my brothers Lund all the way up to the ballpark Sun.
Caught 15 crappie in the river from 8 am till 4pm.
Never found any white bass.
Threw curly tails in a varity of colors just never got into them.

Dustin do you think that first group of fish you really got into moved farther up past the bridge and the not many new fish have moved up past ringer yet?

The reason I asked is we never saw a school of them on the side finder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Worley

Fish

Great catch bro...Looks like a lot of fun going old school in the jon boat...Ain't nothing stopping the PATE family in the spring from fishing the Hooch eh:bounce:

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Great catch bro...Looks like a lot of fun going old school in the jon boat...Ain't nothing stopping the PATE family in the spring from fishing the Hooch eh:bounce:

Brother you got that right. Truthfully we could have put the big boat in this weekend but already had this one ready to go so we took it. I will say it sips gas which is nice.