difficult question about battery time

NottelyBILL

I know you can not answer this question definitively so give me a WAG. I have a Triton 17' al. bass boat with a 70 lb thrust electric motor 24 volts. With batteries fully charged how far on a normal day do you guess I can go- miles and or time- operating at 1/2 power. I am going to try to save some gas this year and I have never used my trolling motor enough to have any idea.

stepup

You should be able to run all day. I know that I used to be bale to run my bullet with a 75lb thrust motor all day for a day tournament and I have fished a night tournament on the same day a few times without ever re-charging. I would think you could run it all day non stop and be in pretty good shape.

LipRip'r

I have an 80lb maxxum which is 24 volt and I can normally get 6 or 7 hours out of it running at 50-70% when running primarily against the current in the river. On the lakes I usually never run them out in a day of fishing and I stay on the troller pretty hard most of the day.
Just get on your troller and ride it till they run out then use a little gas to get you back to ramp and you will know.... :flag:

shadow2

a lot will depend on the type and condition of the batteries that you are running as well.

BCAPES

a lot will depend on the type and condition of the batteries that you are running as well.

X2

Look at the "Reserve Capacity" on your batteries. 120 RC = 2 hours/120 minutes. That is for brand new battery. Older batteries will have less of course.

Also, your trolling motor owner's manual should have a chart/graph to show how much juice is used at what throttle level.