Worst Part of Deer Hunting Over Food Plots....

JoeKnowsBows

Just part of Nature. I`d rather hear any of those listed above than listen to the sound of a human voice or man made racket.

Nick that's about all I hear from several of my spots but there some of my good ones :cheers:

I do like the silence of being away from people in some of my other spots though!

StewartHunter

I was looking to harvest a doe. I have a couple smaller plots (10x20) leading up to the main plot (an acre plus) just to find those bucks looking to slip in after dark.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Most times as I have watched deer in the woods, they hear various sounds and they listen very intently for a minute or so and then continue doing what they were previously doing. They are very used to seeing other animals and hearing various sounds as such and they are content with it. I have watched as deer react or actually don't react very much to doves landing in the trees up above, crows making crazy noises, turkeys walking about, squirrels approaching and barking close to deer, and even raccoons as they have approached deer really early in the morning. None of these animals etc have had very much effect on deer in my experiences.

Of course, a squirrel can be your best friend while deer hunting in the woods as they will alert you sometimes as they see a deer moving about in the woods long before it comes into your view.

Stroker

X2 Eagle Eye. When I hear squirrels barking I go on full alert, except when they're barking at me.

watermedic

I used to hunt a spot just out of Mitchell.

There was a guy on the south border that had cows.

Every morning right after daylight you could hear him from a quarter mile away cussing at those poor cows trying to get them moved into a feed lot.

Then after while the same thing as he was moving them back.

I spent many mornings thinking how someone could go through that same routine every day. I would just get rid of the dang cows if they made me that unhappy.

I don't know why I just typed all of that.

Oh yeah, I would have much rather heard quail, turkeys, donkeys, or even a deer pass gas than listen to that!