Serious Question Have you ever used bait?

Have you ever used bait? :D

• YES

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • NO

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now before some of you jump up to answer a firm NO remember God is watching you.;) I have seen alot of your pictures on here. And believe me if you have a wife you defiently used bait to get her. The thread has nothing to do with deer or corn just a different kind of thread on baiting . I guess though if you are a farmer you might have used corn to get you wife. :D
Man I had the best bait around when I trapped my wife. I had ME!:D With all my good looks and charm.;) It didn't hurt either to promise her the moon. Good thing she forgot about that one.:fine:

Al33

Not that I want to or anything,.....

but if I ever hope to have another wife, it WILL call for drastic measures. :rolleyes: :eek:

I guess the cheap route for me will be a paper sack with one eye hole. :bounce:

Would that be considered baiting or ambushing? ::huh:

Al :D

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Al33 said:
but if I ever hope to have another wife, it WILL call for drastic measures. :rolleyes: :eek:

I guess the cheap route for me will be a paper sack with one eye hole. :bounce:

Would that be considered baiting or ambushing? ::huh:

ambushing of course:D

Jim

Al33

Hey guys,

Ya'll know any decent lookin' ladies interested in a "half" blind date? ::huh:

GeauxLSU

Al33 said:
Ya'll know any decent lookin' ladies interested in a "half" blind date? ::huh:

Al,
That right there is funny! :D :p
You have some of the best one eyers, er.. uh... one LINERS ever. :eek:

Now to answer the question, despite the bait I used to catch my wife, she still was lured in. She has all her senses (eyesight, common sense etc...) so the only thing I can figure is I'm pretty sure I was a charity case. Can't blame her for having a good heart. :rolleyes: :eek:

Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

stumpman

Banned
sorry guys I didn't read the whole thing I guess. No I didn't need any bait it was my sweet charm that made her want me. I just hope she don't read this one hehe".

DaddyPaul

Did I ever! I never dipped snuff around her, didn't cuss too much, drink too much or any of my bad habits. I attended all family functions and was an absolute joy to be around. I am back to normal now Thank God and since I helped her make two beautiful, healthy little kids not only do I have her, I have her mother as well. They love me! Oh yeah and I do provide my in-laws with plenty of venison and turkey breast.

stumpman

Banned
Alright guys I went back and did away with that post. I don't want to be the cause of a ruckus on the board or anything like that. :bounce: :bounce: :whip:

Al33

GeauxLSU said:
And that's different than your other posts because? :whip: ::ke: :bounce:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Touchet there Bowbender!

You run him through with that one Phil. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

No, but I'm pretty sure my wife is a baiter......

Naw, seriously I've got one heck of a good wife and I feel lucky every day to have her by my side. By the time I met Mrs. AgE, my baiting days were over. I had a different agenda I suppose. One day I'll tell ya'll about what Mrs. AgE did the day she went into labor with our first child and where I was at the time. You won't believe what I gal she is.

Last edited:

stumpman

Banned
AGE we got all day let's hear it. By the way I do have a great wife also she put up with me for 23 yrs so far thats a feat in itself. I couldn't do it without her.

Ok, here's the deal. The weekend before the due date of our first born child I had planned on staying at home and doing some things around the house. I didn't want to be too far away just in case the baby decided to come early. It was the last weekend of archery season.

Friday afternoon, my wife wants to know my plans for the weekend and I fill her in that I plan to hang around the house. Her reply was that I could hang around if I wanted to, but that she planned to go shopping with her mom and my mom, going out to lunch with the girls, etc. - she had no plans of haning around the house. She told me that I should go hunting because in her words, "it might be the last chance you get for a few weeks."

So, being the good husband that I am, I took that as a direct order and started gathering my stuff to head to the woods on Saturday morning. One thing to keep in mind here is that our house at the time was only about two miles from the hospital and I was only hunting about an hour away. But it was the principal of the matter that amazed me. Besides, what are the chances that she would go into labor while I was hunting?

So, the alarm goes off at 4:15 Saturday morning, I get dressed and kiss my darling wife good by. She tells me to have fun and good luck and I'm out the door. I made it to my stand well before daylight and pondered what fatherhood would be like as the world came alive that Saturday morning.

It was a great morning to be in the woods and the deer were wearing out the spot that I was on. At about 9:30 things started to slow down and by 10:00 I was ready to get down, so I started packing up. Then it happened - my pager went off. At the time I was working for Georgia Power, so it wasn't unusual for the pager to go off. I peeled the pager off of my hip and as I began to read off the digits of the secret code my wife and I had agreed on, a warm dribble ran down the inseam of my long johns. My first born child was on its way into this world and here I was perched 30 feet up a red oak tree out in the middle of no-where, with no cell signal.

Have you ever watched those pole climbers competing at the Outdoor Games when they come down the pole. That's what I looked like coming down the tree with my climber that morning. In thirty feet, I think I set it in the tree three times on the way down. I left the climber on the tree and sprinted with my bow and my pack the mile or so back to the truck.

Still no signal, so I started driving. After a mile or so, my phone rang.......it was my wife and she wanted to let me know that I should not go home - that I should come directly to the hospital......... :speechles

You see, her water had broken at 5:30 that morning and instead of calling me back to the house then, she "wanted to wait and let me get my hunt in".

I made it to the hospital in record time, and after the doctor filled me in, the first thing he told me to do was to go home and get out of my hunting clothes, to which my wife responded, "Oh, I brought a change of clothes for you......."

I knew, then and there, 100%, that I had an understaning wife who loves me and accepts me just the way I am. A few hours later we had a beautiful baby girl. Yes, I am indeed a lucky man.

Sorry to get long winded on ya'll......I called my buddy the next week to ask that he retreive my stand for me. After getting it, he told me he had to carry his climber in to my tree just to get high enough to take mine down. It seems I jumped the last 10 feet or so and left the climber hanging.......

Woody's Janitor

Hey AgE, does your wife have a sister with the same great qualities and available!!????!! ::;

As a matter of fact she does, but my wife got most of the looks in the family too, so I'm not sure if she's the same "package".