Moon Phases

HiramHunter

Just trying to help...

Nope, not in sales at least not selling moon guides. Sorry, I guess I was a little excited to share what I had learned.

Take care out there...

Dub

Will the position of the moon keep you from going into the woods...Don't think so.....I will use it against the wife though..."Look Dear!. The Moon is in perfect position, I have to get into the woods. Sorry I can't go to your sisters wedding" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:banana: :cool:

P

potsticker

well,well. if I were a deer when would i eat? depends if I had any close encounters with mr. stinky. If an encounter with he who stinks and hides in trees it would be at night. If i eat at night a little moon would be just fine. maybe a little wine to. If the feed is good and the moon is out i just may stay a little longer than i intended. When the rut is in i may not have time to eat but i will need food and i may show up on a food source anytime. whild chasing does and the moon is full you may find me miles from the crib at daylight. i have to travel a long way in the light to get back and thats when i become a food sourse!

LYNN

AMEN FORMULA 1,
I hunt when I can but these Georgia deer always seem to be scarce when the Moon is full at night. I've noticed it for years. I have slept in and hunted midday and got lucky a time or two during full moon.

Hunter922

Jeff Murray has sold me on hunting by moon phases If you are hunting feeding deer. While I do agree with Hiram and Jeff , I will hunt anytime I have the chance and when the rut is on I am in the stand almost everyday.. Two entrys in my 2006 hunting journal are as follows. November 5th(full Moon) 30 Degrees.Between daylight and 8:30 I saw 14 deer. The 15th deer was a 18 3/4 inch wide 8 point trailing a doe. He looked to be tending her. She stopped , He stopped.She was very tolerant of him until I shot him.
December 4th ( full moon) 24 degrees. Same stand as above hunt. Daylight til 2:30 P.M. 17 total deer
8 bucks The largest was a 15 inch wide 8 point I called "Sneeky". As far as when to hunt ,who knows. Keeping a hunting journal has allowed me to compare year to year / phase to phase /day to day. It has helped me plan vacation around when I think the Pre-rut should start and be more successful..

The Termite

I have a lease in Perry Fl and Talbot Co. Ga, and in both locations I see the most deer during the Major and Minor Moon Phases. Hunt as much as I can but seem to see most of my deer when my Casio Game Time Watch says it is time to see them. Most GPS units have the same Game Timer in them.

P

potsticker

Reguardless of what deer do, hunt when you can and leave the moon phaise jargon for around the campfire and squeezings!

deaddeer

changes in the moon change atmospheric pressure. animals are alot more sensitive to that kind of thing. we know high and low pressure systems effect wild life why not the changes in the moon. as for controled test "BAH!!". when it comes to wild animals there is no control. the best thing to do is hunt and hunt hard.

dmedd

re

Can't kill em sittin at the house.

TenPtr

I firmly believe that overhead and underfoot is what matters most. There is no doubt that the moon plays a significant role in deer activity....just as it does the tides and the rest of nature. i have personally observed less deer activity in th A.M. hours of the full moon. I always see deer in the early P.M.

ECHunt

I've experienced seeing them move early sitting in the stand, before the sun comes up and too dark to shoot, and usually about mid day. I've almost stopped hunting in the morning on full moon. I get in the stand about 10am and hunt to about 2pm

deerhunter70

full moon

I have heard people say if the moon is full they don't go in the woods until about noon. Well, all I know is the last full moon we had oct. 25 I killed a 200 lb. 8 pointer at 8:30 a.m. in Heard Co. Maybe he was returning to his bedding area after a night of movement but who cares I was in the woods and he's in my freezer and about to be a nice mount.

ClydeWigg3

well,well. if I were a deer when would i eat? depends if I had any close encounters with mr. stinky. If an encounter with he who stinks and hides in trees it would be at night. If i eat at night a little moon would be just fine. maybe a little wine to. If the feed is good and the moon is out i just may stay a little longer than i intended. When the rut is in i may not have time to eat but i will need food and i may show up on a food source anytime. whild chasing does and the moon is full you may find me miles from the crib at daylight. i have to travel a long way in the light to get back and thats when i become a food sourse!

Potsticker is right. Buck deer are no different than young buck men. When I was in the Air Force and in Germany, we'd stay out half the night chasing Does, then have to make our way home early in the morning. :bounce::bounce:

LoCountryHunter

I started using the charts last year and had great success the days that I did------ late in the AM. The first one showed deer feeding or moving at 9:20 AM. I killed a nice buck at 9:30AM. The next one was at 8:30 AM and I killed at 8:15 AM. Going to try it a little bit more in the AM and all day next season.

kw5891

Banned
moon

eat when they want, sleep when they want moon has nothing to do with it.So says the tall tailed magazine artical but my father in law doesnt believe that is all true.but statistics and studies have been done and thats what has come to pass.
i beleve in this when it get 20 to 30 below in canada it keep me awake reading the chart but i can say this if it get hot forget the moon

kw5891

Banned
somebody told me one time that deer feed the most when the moon is at 11 o clock or something like that i dont know.
by most expert before the new moon best , to me the best time is when you kill big deer. most of the expert will say it all depend on the weather :flag:

kw5891

Banned
i beleve in this when it get 20 to 30 below in canada it keep me awake reading the chart but i can say this if it get hot forget the moon
good point i hunt in canada every year i must say i have done what you say 2 years ago it got to 30 below they were moving BUT when the wind started blowing i seeN O :cry: