duramax fuel mileage question

jgunner

2003/04 duramax thinking about getting a chevy/gmc 2500 ext. cab just wondering what fuel mileage to expect. no lift, just a stock 2500 THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

oldmanbill

I have a 04 chevy and I average about 16 to 18 in town and on a trip about 20.

THWACKG5

2003/04 duramax thinking about getting a chevy/gmc 2500 ext. cab just wondering what fuel mileage to expect. no lift, just a stock 2500 THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

You cant beat that duramax!!!! :cool: :cool:

Its one bad motor!! GM under speaks it, they dont give it the credit it deserves.

My Father used to work at a GM engine research facility in Michigan and has seen the crazy stuff they put the duramax through while testing!!

Its bullet proof! :cheers:

BlackSmoke

Yea my 02 Duramax got around 16-18 in city. I put an Edge Juice on t and it jumped to around 20 in town....when I could keep my foot out of it :bounce:

hoghunter74

Don't get me wrong, General Motors makes the only vehicle in my opinion, but my 03 was getting the mileage you were describing, for about a year it has been getting about 14 miles to the gallon. I put a diablo programmer and been giving it cetane boost and it has not improved. What might be the problem?

Yep about 16-18 but john I learned the hard way i just bought the 2004 and the 2004.5 with the lly has way better injectors but i still love my truck

Hog hunter it maybe injectors there is a extended warranty on 2001 to 2004 lb7 its a 7 year form date placed in service or 200k miles go to dieselplace.com its a all duramax forum