Burke County Deer

SFR292

This is the 11 point talked about before, he actually had 16 points but I don't count the small points, green scored 151 7/8 217lbs. What you can't see in the picture is the "hook tines" he had along the inside of the main beams, had three that were over 4" long. Really neat looking deer. Shot with a 270 WSM around 35 yards
Shooter is a buddy of mine that helps me around the property, was not I that shot it unfortunately, Another good friend shot a nice 8 point the following morning, weighed 181lbs, green score of 123 2/8 shot with a .50 CVA muzzleloader at 85 yards
believe it or not these aren't the monster deer we've seen, we've never seen these deer before. The 11 point was rutting pretty good. He was running a group of 9 does when shot, his glands are solid black and he stunk pretty good, the 8 point wasn't rutting as hard yet, he was with does, but glands were clean and didn't stink yet. enjoy!
leesdeer.jpg

Mudhill

Big congrats to Lee! He hunts hard but smart and definitely knows how to put them down. :shoot: A great person to know and a kill well deserved. :cool:

SFR292

Sorry didn't see the responses, Our Property is near the hwy 23 and 80 intersection, about 8 miles from there. Slightly north west of the Power Plant.

SFR292

Also the guys talking about the Warrenton/Thomson deer, this is probably the same deer, he took it back to Thomson for Processing and mounting.