Deer Hunting in January

Ace1313

The counties around metro Atl. does not allow gun hunting therefore they extended the season to allow for more hunting and harvest opportunities.

Alan in GA

also,,,

the deer [and coyote] population is going UP AND UP [a good thing for us that like to bow hunt and eat venison!].
It is SO NICE to be able to drive a few minutes and get in a tree stand in Cobb County! I would never have dreamed it possible 20 years ago!
I used to HUNT the Cobb County Prison Farm in the late 1960s. There's a soft ball field there now! Used to be corn fields tended by inmates.

satchmo

The counties around metro Atl. does not allow gun hunting therefore they extended the season to allow for more hunting and harvest opportunities.

Some countys that surround the city of Atlanta do allow firearm(Forsyth, South Fulton, Gwinnett,Rockdale) deer hunting ,but are included in the extended season.
As far as the rest of the state I would trade all of sept and oct to have january on our club. Our rut really picks up at the end of december, and you can catch chasing into late january maby even into febuary.