White buck meets raccoon

rip18

I spent a little bit looking for the white buck this morning. I saw a big piece of plastic, a light-colored tree, and then a 5-gallon bucket. I was headed out of the woods, and there he was - bedded down about 40 yards to my left. I backed up to get around a clump of wild rose & started eeking around to get a clear shot - and realized he wasn't bedded down, he was standing up. I was within 45 yards for a minute and a half (with him working a circle around me as I worked for an opening on him). When he finally got me hemmed up in the wild rose clump, he made a break for the opening and got several trees on me, and I left him alone. I did take one shot of him through the bushes, but haven't downloaded that card (yet) - on the back of the camera, it looks like some trash in the bushes...

I did check the trail cam again. The white buck hadn't been back in daylight.

I have a series of 6 raccoon shots - with the white buck in three of them. This is the middle of the series - in the first shot, the buck is just walking in, then this one, and in the next one the buck has his neck/head arched quizzically as he looks down at the raccoon almost at his feet (without the other 5 shots, I wouldn't have known those were raccoon parts poking out from behind the grass clump in that shot though....).

Wildview Extreme Stealth 4. I did crop this one a little bit for a better composition...

Attachments

• whitedeercoonwebcr0022a.jpg
    whitedeercoonwebcr0022a.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 628

bristol_bound

I have seen a few pie balls in the past but never a true albino. I hope he will hang around for a while and you have the opportunity to get some more pictures. What a wonderful privilege to see an animal like that.