A little help

Thebody

I put out a new mineral block 9 days ago and the deer seem to be a bit curious about it. I had a salt block there before and had several pics of deer using it. Now they are just looking at it curiously. How long do you think it will take before they get use to it? I had 16 photos in 9 days and I am going to stay out of there for three to four weeks when I go back to fill up the feeders.

Also do these does still look pregnant/healthy? I find it odd there are no fawn photos here. These pics are in the Macon area and photos from my club in Putnam County have does with fawns.

Attachments

• PIC_0055.jpg
    PIC_0055.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 152
  • PIC_0061.jpg
    PIC_0061.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 149
  • PIC_0062.jpg
    PIC_0062.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 144
  • PIC_0066.jpg
    PIC_0066.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 150
  • PIC_0068.jpg
    PIC_0068.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 148

Killdee

They seem to use them better after they have been out a while and rained on. Im not sure about your does, the first 2 might still be carrying. The fawns might just be out of the pic or coyote dinner.

R

redneckcamo

if you had a white one there before ... maybe ya shoulda buried the brown one ..... maybe ?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
looks like you may need to move the salt into their trail so that they dont have to leave it to get the salt.

Thebody

It was not a trail until I put the new block out. They had been coming straight to it from a food plot in the opening past the fallen tree.

I may try burying it in a week or so.

rebelyeler

They seem to use them better after they have been out a while and rained on. Im not sure about your does, the first 2 might still be carrying. The fawns might just be out of the pic or coyote dinner.
the first one is a doe and the second one looks like a buck,look at the top of the head