What is everyone using for feed in your feeders.

Rocket101

Is everyone using corn? Is anyone using Buck Grub or any thing else to make the corn more attractive? Supplements in the feeders? I'm just using corn but will be adding Buck Grub.

Duckhawk

Banned
Just corn, nothin' else have some salt licks that they are killin'

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
corn, oats, sunflower seeds. it's hard to get the spinner plate set right at first. I'm trying to target turkey poults mainly but it keeps the hogs and deer interested as well.

davidhelmly

I started them off with corn and have switched over to protein once they got steady on the feeders.

dirtroad

Gone But Not Forgotten
I've been using Purina Deer Chow.$11.00 for 50lbs.
It is "waterproof" pellets.

fountain

antler boost protein in our troughs. been getting some nice pics recently. with corn being so high right now, you can't go wrong with the protein. not much higher in price and lots better for them.

tail_slider3d

Im using gas b/c its cheaper than corn. Can we stop using our food as fuel???
Seriously Im using corn. It was so high that I thought what the heck I will switch to soybeans until I found out those went up over double the price where Im at.

davidhelmly

What name brand protien? Do they hit it good?

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner Rocket. I use Crystal Mills and they really like it. I buy it in bulk from a local farmer and it is actually cheaper than bulk corn at my local feed store. :hair:

Redneck Maguiver

Corn and goat feed mix. Helps with the cost of corn going outta sight.

jmharris23

I was using Godfrey's protein but my local Feed& Seed ran out, so I switched to FRM. I hope they like it as well

Buck&Tom Hunter

they tear the godfrey's up on our lease. Avg about 6 bags every 2 weeks