LED flashlight

Wormduncan

Anyone have any suggestions on a good hunting flashlight that's very bright and compact?

Jranger

I will shortly...
Picked up a 1000 lumen led flashlight on ebay the other day for $22. Takes a special rechargeable battery that I have to buy, but they aren't very expensive. The light has the new Cree xm-l T6 led. Supposed to be the brightest out there, up to 250m. Will let you know when I get it in...

Attachments

• ultrafire.JPG
    ultrafire.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 3,968

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
Dorcy International 41-4299 220-Lumens Rechargeable LED Flashlight with AC and DC Charging Adaptors

Bought this light several months back on Amazon for $37.00 and free shipping. I like it. Not super compact but not too big.

Attachments

• dorcy.jpg
    dorcy.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 3,796

Wormduncan

What about olight or fenix brands?

Gaswamp

fenix, surefire, and streamlight are good choices

Wormduncan

Thanks alot everybody.

Jranger

I will shortly...
Picked up a 1000 lumen led flashlight on ebay the other day for $22. Takes a special rechargeable battery that I have to buy, but they aren't very expensive. The light has the new Cree xm-l T6 led. Supposed to be the brightest out there, up to 250m. Will let you know when I get it in...

Ok, got the light and the battery in the other day. This thing is unreal bright. I went outside last night after a good 8+ hour charge and lit up the neighborhood. It will light up the house at the end of my street (easily 300 yds away). I wouldn't want to shine one of these into someones face unless they were attacking... Best $48 I've spent on a light Rechargeable batteries + flashlight.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Hard to beat the mini-maglite LED for function, durability, and price.

raff

Have a led lenser headlamp and think its the p14 lenser as well
pretty happy with both of em both take the aa batteries

Jranger

Hard to beat the mini-maglite LED for function, durability, and price.

I hear ya, I own a few of those myself... They are maybe 30 lumens though. Not that you really need a 1000 lumens minimag sized light, but it's nice to have if you want to brighten up an area looking for a dead deer or whatever. The flash light I bought was only $22. I had the option for a cheaper rechargeable battery, but I found one that would last 8+ hrs on full power setting. These new leds that are coming out are really impressive. Just can't really explain it, you just have to see one.

I'm also a fan of the Redline. I was going to buy one online before I stumbled onto this one. The price is about the same for both and this one makes batteries simple.

SpurHuntinHillbilly

http://www.surefire.com/Flashlights

If $ isn't an issue this light is top notch bar none! I use this on the job (USCG) and this light is bulletproof. Drop it, drown it, shoot it or run it over with a truck and this thing will still light up every time. Gonna pay the $$$ but you will never need to buy another. Like I said the Coast Guard and all other Federal agencies use these lights exclusively for law enforcement and tactical operations.