Garmin or Eagle

TimR

I am going to buy a small depth finder for my jon boat and am looking at the Garmin 120 and the Eagle Cuda 168EX. Both are the same price at BPS. Which one is the best value??

Randy

I have not tried either but I have heard better things about the Garmin.

TimR

Me too. But I think that Lowrance makes Eagle and I have liked the Lowrance equipment I have had in the past.

I did notice that the Garmin has better resolution. 240x128 vs the Eagle 168x132.

Randy

You are right. Lowrance does make Eagle and I have Lowrance electronics on my boat an like them. GM makes GEO to but.............

aaron batson

I had a garmin 240 on the front deck - went through 3 of them in one year (they kept getting water in them). This is a garage kept boat....Now running a Lowrance - but have had trouble with it also... so - i ain't too convinced there either. The Lowrance customer service was very helpful. Still got it on, will see how it does. I have had Eagles and Hummingbirds....Never had any trouble out of either of those two brands. May go back to one if the Lowrance goes out again.

TimR

Good point Randy!

Thanks Aaron. I never had any problems with my old Lowrance but I guess anything's possible.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
I have a Hummingbird but I have heard good things about the Eagle.