do or don't

matthewsman

my wife got me,among other things,a moutrie game cam.I know,I know......She's never seen y'alls reviews before......Should I trade it for an E-Trex(about the same cost)when I return it?Or are they doing any better with them now?Good gracious the batteries that thing takes......3 little 9 volts and 8 or so AAA's...open to suggestions.As far as GPS's go,I just need something to get me back to the truck the fastest after walking my dogs off turkey hunting.Also to mark a stand or brushpile or two,without everyone else seeing where it's at.Also she got me a Shannon Bug Tamer leafyflage suit :clap: Got me a Q-Beam too,it's ok,I'm sure I can use it for legal purposes.Got CD player for my truck,welcome to the '80's finally,nobody makes cassettes anymore.Hope Santa was good to y'all too,donnie

Toliver

My moultrie game tracker II that I got at this year's Atlanta buckarama took a grand total of 15 pictures before it quit. 8 of those was me walking to/from it or opening it. The 7 pictures I got of deer though were really nice.......now let's see what's 100 bucks divided by 7 pictures of deer?.......COOL!!! I only spent 14.285714 dollars PER PICTURE not including developing. Oh yeah!!! I'm a satisfied customer. I'll be buying LOTS of their products in the future!!! :banginghe :banginghe :mad: :mad: :mad:

matthewsman

too bad Toliver

Hate to hear that,I still haven't returned mine.I had hoped maybe they had made some changes or something

C

Cward

Hey mathewsman, I have the etrex and like it but, get the etrex Vista model. It has the electronic compass! Without the compass you have to be moving at a pretty good walk to get a reading. With it you get a reading standing still or creeping around! Happy New year to ya! :type:

dutchman

Matthewsman,

Does your wife have an unmarried sister?

Oh, never mind. I'm married. But my wife could use some lessons on how to Christmas shop. Maybe your wife could hold some classes? :bounce:

I have an older Garmin GPS12. Works great for me. No maps or anything too fancy, but it gets me where I need to go and back again without alot of fuss. I even take it with me to Steinhatchee to find my spots on the flats. Never had a problem with mine. I believe that Garmin makes a good product.

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
one thing is for sure, you will get years of use out of the etrex, and I like the ones with electronic compass too, but you might not get a weeks worth of use out of the moultry cam!
my .02

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
Me and a friend of mine went thru between us a total of 4 Moultrie Game Cams. We finally gave up and we both went and bought PhotoSentry Game Cameras. We since had 100's of photos with no problems. I'll give you 1 example I had with Moultrie, I poured out 100lbs of corn and put my camera on it the corn got eaten but had no pics. You are suppose to get 500 photos plus before the battery wears out with a PhotoSentry.

Last edited: