No bucks on cam (Brooks County)

steph30030

Ive been running 3 cams since the 1st of September! Checked them today and have got almost 2500 pics! That many pics and not the 1st buck..Where is all the bucks hiding.. Im only 1/2 mile from the river, So somethings not rite here... Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Trapnfish

i have had the sam problem in cherokee but on wed i lost a deer and walked all over and would lots of brand new rubs and scrapes and not 1 buck on camera and all the sign was about a couple hundred yards from the stand and camera and if you wait come oct or nov the bucks will come by looking for love:love:

Halawaka

Not to hijack your thread but it's related. This was the second year we put out trail cameras mid July through bow season. The first year we concentrated in the drains and got 95% does and pigs. This year we stayed mostly on ridges and uplands and had way better success on the bucks. Y'all think this is coincidence?

bigbuckhunter1

Buck patterns change when it starts to get cold. They like to move more to persimmons and acorns

bonecollector

yup id say the deer are hunkered down close to the ag fields right now, they will be in the hardwoods soon with the acorns starting to drop

MFOSTER

BANNED
I would move the cams just a hundred yards can make a difference

steph30030

Yea, im hoping the cooler weather will gettm up & moving.. I had also took into consideration about them hangn around the ag fields! ,Thanks for the info guys

I hunt in Bama near GA state line on I85 and completely agree with whom that said a lot pictures are does,hogs, and little spikes/nubbers right now. Move the cameras to big ag. fields or I have had success with more pictures of bucks on ridges and dry creek bottoms this time of year. When October turns and starts to get cooler, i get bucks hitting the cameras whenever i choose to put them via hardwoods and food plots.

Quail man

Im in Brooks off 133, been just getting 1 to 2 year olds at the farm till this week, had a 3 year old. Just got a new place down the road last week, planted a plot and put a camera out. Took 2 hours just to mow out a place that my longest shot is 45 yard! Place hasnt't been touched in 10 years.

dday1985

Im in Brooks as well and have ab 3000 pics of the same bachelor group of small bucks. I'm getting concerned with the lack of does on our property. As long as you have does the bucks will show up. Give it a couple weeks.

hawghntr21

this time of year bucks generally have a small core area so unless you've got a camera right in that area you typically wont see them. They should start broadening their roaming area pretty soon. As long as you've got the does the bucks will show up soon enough

valiant

No Does!!

I've got the opposite problem!! 2500 pics & not a single doe. Just the same 4 or 5 bucks over & over!! Including this stud in my avatar!!

steph30030

Suppose to be in the low to mid 50's Saturday night/Sunday morning.... Gotta feeln things are gonna start pickn up then

smoothie

I have alot of movement on the lowndes side of the river. Im gonna give them the morning off but from 11am til dark I am pulling a cram session with them.