Browning Trail cams???

p&y finally

Anybody tried the Browning cameras? Im considering giving one a shot but wanted some feedback before I do. IF they work like there supposed to & have good battery life they have alot of good features for the price.
Thanks!

BOWHUNTER!

I was looking at them as well. The reviews all looked really positive and The prices are reasonable too.

DuckArrow

I have four of them. Awesome battery life, awesome day time pics, but the night time and transition photos are..........less than desirable. However as a whole they are pretty good. Btw, all of mine are the 7mp range ops.

Forest Grump

Very good cams. First generation had blurry nighttime pics, seems to be much improved in this year's models. I really like them. Reconyx is worth the price, but for a second tier cam, it's really hard to beat a Browning. It has become my "buy one" cam for replacing ones that fail in the field. Mine are mid range versions.

davidhelmly

I ordered a Spec Ops XR Series this week and can't wait to try it out. A lot of people speak highly of the Reconyx and maybe the new ones are better than the old but I've got several of them and the picture quality is so bad that you can't tell what's in 50% of the pictures!

Forest Grump

I ordered a Spec Ops XR Series this week and can't wait to try it out. A lot of people speak highly of the Reconyx and maybe the new ones are better than the old but I've got several of them and the picture quality is so bad that you can't tell what's in 50% of the pictures!

Mine take great pics; day pics are beautiful, night pics as good or better than any other black IR cam. Sensor is the best I've ever seen & it's the only cam I have that deer never react to. Have had the LEDs go bad on two. If your software is up to date you might send one in & see if they find an issue. Their service is phenomenal.

davidhelmly

They do have outstanding service, all of them have been in due to the ir filter I believe it was partially blocking the daytime photos and 2 of them are ready to go back again for the same problem. Daytime pics can be great if lighting is perfect and nothing is moving but if the animal moves in a night pic it's horrible. That are all older models and I'm sure the new ones are much better.

Arrow3

I bought a strike force back early in the summer. It has been a great camera so far. Still the same rayovac batteries that I started with and only down to 70%......

Trail cam pro is the best place to buy them.

wazman19

I have the 10mp version that holds 8 AA's...Battery life is great. In the $140-$150 range it performs well for the price. I run energizer lithium batteries in mine.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I bought one at academy in august, I checked it during labor day and it had great pictures. my time and date were reset. Not sure what was up with that, but looking forward to checking it again soon and seeing if it kept the data this time.

SAhunter

Good cameras for the price. Bought a recon force at academy for $90 on sale. Taking great pics so far.

bowhunter2013

i got one this summer. so far its has worked great put it out in june and still has 60 % battery life left after alot of pics. takes good pics and video.. i got the spec ops blackout

GA DAWG

I have 2 range ops and a special oos or whatever it is. Its the blackout model with built in viewer. Any how. The range ops take a lot better night pics. Range is better and clearer. However the black one day pics are best. Clear as a bell and not grainy. Ive put them on trees every way I know how. Still at morning after sun comes up. I have bad whiteout pics. Other than that l. I like them.

p&y finally

Thanks for the input!
I may give one a shot.

coachT

I bought 4 browning strike force cams this year. A friend of mine bought 2 of the browning recons and had problems, so he returned them for strike forces. He has since bought 1 more strike force. So we have 7 strike forces running since July. I have all 4 of mine on video mode. No problems and good quality. Much better than you would expect for $140. I run lithium batteries in mine and all 4 cameras still have 100% battery life! If you go with browning, definitely get the strike force.

GTHunter007

I have 3 Strike forces in the woods. Blow my Moultries, Coverts and Cuddebacks away with picture quality and battery life. Trigger speed is also very impressive, almost Cudde fast.

I keep mine set on 4mp pictures as the processor is the same, they just super impose the pictures to fit whatever MP output you select. No quality lost by going down in picture size.

Do not buy trail cameras from anywhere except trailcampro.

BUCKFAT

I have 2 strike force running lithium batteries. Love these little trail cameras. Plan on getting 2 more after season is over so I can watch more areas of my property. The 2 out now are watching new spots I will be at opening morning this weekend. Then while I am hunting I will have them in time lapse mode to scout out other places I want to sit. The time lapse is just one of the reasons I picked these cameras.

Forest Grump

...Do not buy trail cameras from anywhere except trailcampro.

I think that is a good & reputable company; but that doesn't mean you can't buy from someone else. Browning has a good guarantee on its own, & a history of standing behind their products. Trailcampro might save you taxes though, since they don't have a GA address. I have found some good prices from Academy on Brownings.

The price has dropped to the point that it is hard to argue against buying one. Trailcampro has good, independent reviews on many cams & Browning scores pretty high with them too.

GTHunter007

I think that is a good & reputable company; but that doesn't mean you can't buy from someone else. Browning has a good guarantee on its own, & a history of standing behind their products. Trailcampro might save you taxes though, since they don't have a GA address. I have found some good prices from Academy on Brownings.

The price has dropped to the point that it is hard to argue against buying one. Trailcampro has good, independent reviews on many cams & Browning scores pretty high with them too.

It is not about the price...it is about their extra year of warranty. The free 8 GB memory card also makes up for any shipping costs.