Tuning a bow

Deerhunter12454

I plan on buying an obsession here soon and was wondering if it is worth it to tune it and set it ip myself. I don't have any prior experience or equpment to do so

bigbuckhunter1

I do mine myself, after the 2nd minimum wage clown messed up my screws or wheels I decided it's cheaper to buy the stuff myself

riskyb

i like to do mine myself, that way i know what i got and how its goin to to preform and what i did or can do, i tinker all season long
p.s. im close by if you need some help

Kris87

U can ask questions here to help. I am always open to teaching.

BIG HUNT

I have a Mathews black max. Where would be the best place to get a string and cables for it? The string on mine is stretched out.

Kris87

I have a Mathews black max. Where would be the best place to get a string and cables for it? The string on mine is stretched out.

I'd take it to Social Circle Ace for all that.

pasinthrough

I plan on buying an obsession here soon and was wondering if it is worth it to tune it and set it ip myself. I don't have any prior experience or equpment to do so

If you don't have a press, draw board and scale, I'd just take it somewhere that does. IMO those three things are required to set up a bow properly.

littlenorth

I live 75 miles from one archery shop and 105 miles from the second in opposite directions. With access to the internet (forums, You tube videos, books and DVD) there is a lot if information available. Doing your own repair work, tuning etc. is all part of archery and can be performed whenever you have spare time and in your own location). I'm fortunate enough to be mechanically inclined where I built my own bow press, arrow cut off saw etc. I do all my archery building, replacing, tuning etc. I find this can be as much fun as target shooting or hunting. Good luck and have fun.