War Between the States trivia thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Two shots and two misses. My batting average is going down.

westcobbdog

NBF, captured a few union ships, attempted to manage the horseback and river operations simultaneously..lost the ships back to the yanks a day or two later.

Resica

What Commander of the Army of the Potomac was brother-in -law to former Virginia Gov. and Cofederate Major General Henry Wise?

Last edited:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
To the tune of "Oh It's Crying Time Again".

Oh, It's Google time again.
You've gone and stumped me.

I can feel my brain cells firing in the blind.
I can tell by the way the synapse is failing,
That it won't be long before it's Google time.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Sherman and Augusta:
Some claim that an old flame, lit before the War, caused Sherman to by-pass Augusta on his march to the sea from Atlanta. Some claim that Lincoln ordered him to keep his fire happy troopers away from the cotton in Augusta that belonged to Lincoln's sister-in-law Mrs. Helm. There was, however, a Confederate ruse used against Sherman that caused him to by-pass Augusta on his march from Atlanta to the Sea. What was it?

RBM

JustUs4All said:
There was, however, a Confederate ruse used against Sherman that caused him to by-pass Augusta on his march from Atlanta to the Sea. What was it?

I really don't recall that one but if I had to hazard a guess, I know the Army of Tennessee was operating hit and run against Sherman so maybe a ruse from them? Johnston and Hood wasn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.