Is that fish safe to eat?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I was walking back to my truck with a limit of trout on a stringer Sunday morning. A guy asked me if I caught them in the creek there, and another guy asked me if they were biting.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Does anyone else feel like they get asked about whether or not fish are safe to eat really often? Seems like it's come up a lot for me here recently.

Are there any other questions you guys get asked a lot? Thought it might make a fun thread.

I find it "humorous" we are reluctant to eat our fish we catch here in the USA...but stuff ourselves on fish raised in cess pool farms from overseas or fish from Chinese waters (far more polluted than our domestic waters).

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
I was walking back to my truck with a limit of trout on a stringer Sunday morning. A guy asked me if I caught them in the creek there, and another guy asked me if they were biting.

"Here's your sign" :rofl:

Rabun

I find it "humorous" we are reluctant to eat our fish we catch here in the USA...but stuff ourselves on fish raised in cess pool farms from overseas or fish from Chinese waters (far more polluted than our domestic waters.

I'm with you...if it comes frozen in a bag or shrink wrapped...I don't buy/eat it. If I want fresh fish, I'll go to my freezer for some of my vacuum sealed catch, or go to local waters...if I don't catch, it's pizza night:flag:

deerhuntingdawg

i was walking back to my truck with a limit of trout on a stringer sunday morning. A guy asked me if i caught them in the creek there, and another guy asked me if they were biting.

lol!!:d

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
"Here's your sign" :rofl:

That was the exact thing that went through my mind. I could even hear Bill Engvall's voice answering:

"Did you catch all them fish in the creek there? "

"Naw, I flushed 'em out of that briar patch over there and shot 'em with a shotgun." or "Naw, I caught 'em out of a pond over in another county, but I thought I'd bring 'em over here and walk up and down this particular creek with 'em for a while."

"Are they bitin'?"

"Naw, they won't hit a thing this morning. I couldn't catch any of these."

:bounce:

lcookie

Are you going fishing again?

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
The ultimate insult....My wife asked me once, "Why do you fish?"

Coenen

The ultimate insult....My wife asked me once, "Why do you fish?"
Ouch!

The one I get a lot is, "Why do you fish, if you're just going to throw them back?"

35 Whelen

While walking in to trout fish ran into a guy close to the parking area at the first place you have to cross the creek (guess he did not want to get wet) and he asked me "Are there any places to fish upstream?" I felt like saying "No, the river runs out just a little ways up!"

167WhiteTAIL

I hunt more than I fish, I have gotten some good ones after getting out of a tree..

"Did you catch anything?"

My general reply is "it was a catch and release kind of day"

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
I was taking the canoe out of the hooch tailwater last summer about 11 am as some tubers were putting in. A lady asked me if I ate what I caught. I told her sometimes. Then she informed me of how nasty this river was and that it was unfit to eat anything that could come from it. I wanted to ask her why she was getting ready to flounder around in the unfit and nasty river for 4+ hours.. But I just smiled and told her how nice the weather was..

flatheadfisherman

Not me, but when I was catfishing in Illinois last week on the Mississippi, my friend was asked by some people that were obviously from not around there- "Where are the gators at"?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I was taking the canoe out of the hooch tailwater last summer about 11 am as some tubers were putting in. A lady asked me if I ate what I caught. I told her sometimes. Then she informed me of how nasty this river was and that it was unfit to eat anything that could come from it. I wanted to ask her why she was getting ready to flounder around in the unfit and nasty river for 4+ hours.. But I just smiled and told her how nice the weather was..

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dang thats almost as funny as shutting off the phone when she starts texting:bounce:

Oh yea, you should have!!

Eugene Stinson

Wife calls on the cell phone. Are you ever coming home? Answer is always " in a few more hours"

I could understand asking after 24 hours but now after just 12.

Coenen

Wife calls on the cell phone. Are you ever coming home? Answer is always " in a few more hours"

I could understand asking after 24 hours but now after just 12.
I like just a straight "Yes" to answer that one.

Like a couple of y'all have said, I think if the general public knew just a tad more about where the tilapia they're scarfing down came from, the fish from that "nasty" river or lake would start looking pretty darn good!

Here's one I get a lot(in so many words), "You like to fish? I do too! Do you prefer Bud Light, or Coors?"

I prefer to catch fish.

Latest posts